Nicole confirms herself on board for Bewitched movie

Dr. Bombay

Reaction score
I'm so excited about this news! :excited: :smile:

This is an excerpt from an article from the Detroit Free Press:

Although she has resisted getting involved in lightweight romantic comedy, Kidman finally agreed to play happily married-and-mischievous witch Samantha in a feature version of the old television series "Bewitched."

"I'm going to do it with Will Ferrell," she says happily. "Have you seen 'Elf?' He's so good. I knew he was funny, but I didn't know he could be so sweet.

"And, he's tall," says Kidman, who is officially 5-foot-10 but who stands nose-to-nose with her interviewer, who is more than 6 feet tall.

"I just don't think most romantic comedies are very romantic, and I'm the biggest sap I know," says Kidman. "I am ridiculously romantic, and while I don't consider it a character flaw, it's something I have to always keep in account. It may have something to do with my parents, who will be celebrating their 40th anniversary over the holidays."

The whole article can be viewed here: http://www.miami.com/mld/miamiherald/entertainment/movies/7549540.htm

Super Scooter

Reaction score
Will Ferrell? I thought Darren was supposed to be played by Jim Carrey?

FISH'N'WOLFE

Reaction score
I think Jim Carrey would be way better than Will Ferrell in that part.

trekkie1701E

Reaction score
Will Ferell was confirmed as darren a while back. I guess Jim Carrey couldn't negotiate a good deal or something; which is a shame, because Carrey and Dick York look so similar.

But I have no doubts that Ferell will be great in the film.

Dr. Bombay

Reaction score
Yes, I was all for Jim Carrey as Darrin, and Jim Carrey was too but it was taking Nora Ephron and her sister too long to churn out a script so Jim signed to do other movies. He really has a full plate next year.

I'm not too excited about Will Ferrell but we'll see what happens....

Super Scooter

Reaction score
Will Ferrell looks more like Dick Seargent.

"Dick York, Dick Seargent. Seargent York. Like we wouldn't notice! Sha!"

Akasha

Reaction score
not happy about any of those choices ick, guess I won't be going and watch this movie. It's my fave show too grrrrrr!!! :mad: