Nfl 2006

Ziffel

Reaction score
Now that the new NFL season is underway, and so as not to use the baseball 2006 thread for football talk, I thought I'd start this thread for the new season.
Well it looks like an exciting season overall because there seem to be some really strong teams (eg. Jacksonville, Indianapolis, Baltimore, Atlanta, Chicago, San Diego, Cincinatti, Seattle, Pittsburgh). I think it makes it more fun when you've got a good amount of very tough clubs and a bunch of weak teams (instead of a whole bunch of medicore 6-10 - 10-6 teams). Then when the playoffs come, you've got mostly or all 11-5 to 15-1 teams in great battles.
My Redskins, as I've said in another thread, look woeful so far, but it is still early, I know. My early pick for the Super Bowl is the Colts (One of these years this outstanding football team just HAS to win it!) and Bears (boy they really look tough) with INDI prevailing.
And finally, here's a clip from youtube on that GREAT (great for Eagle haters like me, that is, and also for Giant fans like Vic) New York Giant comeback win against the Philadelphia Eagles). :big_grin:

Ziffel

Reaction score
Well Muppets Rule, we had a good day yesterday with both the Skins and Pack getting road wins. So the "Basement Bowl" game this year can go to Detroit and Houston instead!
And Vic, you must have decided to watch the Giants game yesterday, eh? I figure you must have for them to fall behind Seattle 42-3 at one point! :eek:
heeheehee
Baltimore and Chicago had close calls but survived and are now both 3-0. As well as the Colts and Bengals remaining undefeated. I wonder if the Colts will have a similar 13-0 start this year. Perhaps the lack of a good running game with the loss of Edgerrin James will end up biting the Colts a game here and there.

MuppetsRule

Reaction score
Should be a fun matchup next Sunday with the Bears vs. Seattle. A great offense vs. a great defense. I like the Seahawks to come out on top. But who knows with Alexander's injury now. And you know the old adage -- Offense sells tickets, defense wins ball games. Should be a fun matchup though.

And hurrah for our Redskins and Packers. Maybe the Redskins really did miss Portis. The offense loooked a little better. But I guess everybody looks good against the Texans. Maybe this will give them a little confidence though. And the Packers got a win! They are the youngest team in the NFL and they have shown improvement in every game this year. But then again, everybody probably looks good against the Lions. They have a tough one next Monday night in Philly.

imwhoim

Reaction score
Yea Baby......a real thread on Muppet Central.

I see there are not many Eagle fans out there so lets all root for the Packers over the Eagles next Monday night! Ready for some football!

What muppets would be the biggest football fans?

Teheheman

Reaction score
WHO-DEY DANGNABIT!!! How bout dem Bengals? Big win against the Steelers, can we say 15-1 or 16-0 season?

Daniel

Ziffel

Reaction score
I'm afraid we can't say 15-1, 16-0, teheheman. Since they are now 4-3. But they've been playing tough teams. Yesterday's game was a close one with Atlanta. They just fell short 29-27.
And Muppets Rule, the Pack wins again! I thought they would beat the Cardinals. That's a team that never seems to get its act together, despite the optimism of some (Matt Leinart being the latest reasons for hope for the Cards that has, so far, fallen flat once again!)
And Vic, good job not watching your Giants to victory again yesterday over Tampa Bay 17-3!
The defending champion Steelers are in dire trouble now at 2-5 after losing to Oakland.
And the Colts and da Bears are both 7-0. (Can we say 15-1 or 16-0 for da Bears? But then again, the Bears BEARLY beat the Cards recently, having to come back from a 23-3 deficit. But other then that game the Bears have looked awesome all year).
In the past 8 years or so the Colts are something like 89-35. Isn't it amazing that team hasn't won a Super Bowl yet? (in that era, I mean. I know they won a Super Bowl way back around 1971).
And YAY!!! the stupid Eagles lost AGAIN! 13-6 to Jacksonville. I always love to see that overrated team lose! If they miss the playoffs again (which now looks pretty likely) I'll bet their overrated coach will get axed. But they'll still keep their overrated quarterback!

Vic Romano

Reaction score
I haven't even followed a single game yet this season, Ziff! Still upset from the MLB season. I'll wait until the Army/Navy game on Thanksgiving to get me back into a sports mood, although I have been paying close attention to the local HS and collge leagues I guess. I'll just watch this great thread for updates.

Teheheman

Reaction score
Well, that's cause Michael Vick is a BEAST. They can't stop the Run and the Pass in the same game. But, big game against Baltimore next week, should say who's gonna win the AFC North. Oh, and btw, OCHO CINCO'S BACK!!!!!!

Daniel

Ziffel

Reaction score
Yet another tough game for Cincy next week. In fact, I just looked at their schedule. Six of the next eight games include this:

at Baltimore
SAN DIEGO
at New Orleans
BALTIMORE
at Indianapolis
at Denver

OUCH! Five 5-2 teams and a 7-0. But Cinci's a good team themselves so we'll see.

mikebennidict

Reaction score
Ziffel said:
I'm afraid we can't say 15-1, 16-0, teheheman. Since they are now 4-3. But they've been playing tough teams. Yesterday's game was a close one with Atlanta. They just fell short 29-27.
And Muppets Rule, the Pack wins again! I thought they would beat the Cardinals. That's a team that never seems to get its act together, despite the optimism of some (Matt Leinart being the latest reasons for hope for the Cards that has, so far, fallen flat once again!)
And Vic, good job not watching your Giants to victory again yesterday over Tampa Bay 17-3!
The defending champion Steelers are in dire trouble now at 2-5 after losing to Oakland.
And the Colts and da Bears are both 7-0. (Can we say 15-1 or 16-0 for da Bears? But then again, the Bears BEARLY beat the Cards recently, having to come back from a 23-3 deficit. But other then that game the Bears have looked awesome all year).
In the past 8 years or so the Colts are something like 89-35. Isn't it amazing that team hasn't won a Super Bowl yet? (in that era, I mean. I know they won a Super Bowl way back around 1971).
And YAY!!! the stupid Eagles lost AGAIN! 13-6 to Jacksonville. I always love to see that overrated team lose! If they miss the playoffs again (which now looks pretty likely) I'll bet their overrated coach will get axed. But they'll still keep their overrated quarterback!
Well the Bears certainly did well this weekend.

Also wich NFL team has won the Superbowl the most times? I know Chicago only had 1 SB championship we just had a 20th aniversary of that this past January. Hopefully will get another.