Next Muppet Replicas: Gonzo, Animal

Status
Not open for further replies.

mrsieve

Reaction score
As much as it kills me, I would rather have it done "right", than putting out some cheap knock off. Let's hope for an announcement soon.

ElecMayhem

Reaction score
Hey all-

Sorry for the delay, and also...sorry I've not been around. Things are busy, busy, busy.

I understand your frustrations that Animal and Gonzo seem to be taking a while. Believe me, no one wants these guys to come out more than me.

Think about it this way... It takes Terry months (literally) to build the prototype. And we are asking our factories in China, to replicate that process EXACTLY, with the same materials -- 2000+ times. It's a time consuming process. Add onto that, the fact that these factories have never tackled this kind of product before, and well... it's taking more time than anyone would like.

Yes, we do put our Star Wars product faster, but (a) we've been doing it for years and have "perfected" that type of product, and (b) even on SW, we are sometimes late. (Ask the SW collectors!) The reason being: we want to get it right!!

Another factor is... well, frankly. Gonzo and Animal make Kermit look like a CAKEWALK!! There is so much more that has to go into Gonzo and Animal, it's not even funny. So yeah, this is taking a while.

That said, I have the factory's first Animal sample in my office. There are a few color tweaks to be made, but...it's beautiful. Really. I will see if I can tantalize you with a picture later on.

T

SweetumsMonster

Reaction score
Thats great news, its just great to have a small reminder that things are still moving in the right direction with these.

A picture of the Animal proto would be great to see,

Thanks for updating us, and for taking time to get these right.

Chris

Erine81981

Reaction score
Cool to hear. Thanks for the info ElecMayhem. Can't wait to see the proto type for Animal. :halo:

Fozzie Bear

Reaction score
Hey, Trav! Wow, teasing us with the possibilities of pictures!! :smile: Just let us come down to your office and play. We'll crash at your place and raid your fridge.

Erine81981

Reaction score
Love it Kevin. Who has the keys to the Mayhem Bus? Anyone?

MWoO

Reaction score
Hey all-

Sorry for the delay, and also...sorry I've not been around. Things are busy, busy, busy.

I understand your frustrations that Animal and Gonzo seem to be taking a while. Believe me, no one wants these guys to come out more than me.

Think about it this way... It takes Terry months (literally) to build the prototype. And we are asking our factories in China, to replicate that process EXACTLY, with the same materials -- 2000+ times. It's a time consuming process. Add onto that, the fact that these factories have never tackled this kind of product before, and well... it's taking more time than anyone would like.

Yes, we do put our Star Wars product faster, but (a) we've been doing it for years and have "perfected" that type of product, and (b) even on SW, we are sometimes late. (Ask the SW collectors!) The reason being: we want to get it right!!

Another factor is... well, frankly. Gonzo and Animal make Kermit look like a CAKEWALK!! There is so much more that has to go into Gonzo and Animal, it's not even funny. So yeah, this is taking a while.

That said, I have the factory's first Animal sample in my office. There are a few color tweaks to be made, but...it's beautiful. Really. I will see if I can tantalize you with a picture later on.

T
To add a bit, the Star Wars stuff is also a totally different process. I would think it's a lot easier to make a light saber look the same over and over again than a Muppet made of foam and fur.

Question: Is Gonzo as far along as Animal? If not, would you guys consider releasing Animal before Gonzo is Gonzo takes more time?

Garland

Reaction score
Funny Beau!!!

Whoo hoo, a picture will be dreamy!

Status
Not open for further replies.