Next Muppet Replicas: Gonzo, Animal

Status
Not open for further replies.

muppetperson

Reaction score
Kermit's eyes along with alot of the Muppet eyes, do have material glued onto the eyeball.We are used to seeing all the toys that have painted pupils.I suppose it is material so that when the studio lights hit the eyes, the black part wont reflect.

Bear Man

Reaction score
Glad to hear that Gonzo's planned...I'll end up getting him but think I'll leave Animal on the shelf. Very sad though that Fozzie still seems a long way off in the distance. If I don't get that bear (even if it needs to be from the waist up becasue of size and cost issues) I'm going to be VERY upset...

minor muppetz

Reaction score
I wonder if any of the live-hand characters (Fozzie, Rowlf, etc) will be made.

Fozzie Bear

Reaction score
AWESOME NEWS!! Of course, I will have to buy two: One to display and one to blow out of cannons!

While at SDCC, Earl, don't forget to hit booth 2449 to meet my buddies Antone Wade and Adam Shaw and their wives, Janet and Penny (respectively). They are on the Con-Sequential board of directors, too.

Fozzie Bear

Reaction score
Stulz said:
you read that correctly kermits' signature black pupils will be flocked and fuzzy. It's a little off putting but think we'll all be OK.
:smile:
As I recall, the real one is, too.

MWoO

Reaction score
Yeah, the pupils of the puppet are flocked. Most is not all pupils are on the muppets. It's just easier that way. If they want to make a character cross eyed they don't need to put all new eyes on it. I would assumed the whites of the eyes weren't flocked though.

Stulz

Reaction score
whites of his eyes...

Yeah. The whites of his eyes are not flocked.

Was Once Ernie

Reaction score
I don't know if the pupils are actually flocked on the puppets, but they are definitely material that is either glued or put on with double stick tape, and thus has a texture and density to it. I always thought they were made of felt.

I don't know why Stulz was disappointed, but I think the Master Replicas Kermit looks better than some of the real posers! Especially that overstuffed Kermit that's on the inside of The Muppet Show Season 1 box set.

Oh, and Fozzie, I did forget to look for your friends... but then, the exhibit floor was so crowded this year, I didn't spend a lot of time down there.

:stick_out_tongue:

Stulz

Reaction score
MR Kermit

Appearenlty both of the Kermit's on display @ Comic-Con had been passed around a few times and therefore (while not torn aprt or horrible looking) aren't in the best shape possible.

That's all.

:smile:

Was Once Ernie

Reaction score
I don't know that the one in the display case had been played with, but I got to the other one before anyone had touched it. The picture I posted on my website is from Wednesday, before anyone else was even allowed into the hall. When I saw that Kermit several days later, he was not looking great. That is why I pointed out that these are not toys. Yes, they can be posed and reposed many times, but they are not meant to be handled as you would a toy. They are a collectible item and should be cared for as such.

:stick_out_tongue:

Status
Not open for further replies.