Next Muppet Movie

Luke

Reaction score
The Haunted House isn't a bad idea, but i don't think its strong enough right now. They'd need to focus on the monsters as you say, and i wasn't impressed with how they made monsters from Kermit, Piggy and the others in the playstation game. I don't think it'd be funny enough, or give the Muppets the boost they need. It needs to be either another VMX type movie (kinda pop culture'ish) or one that brings back the classic muppet show kinda style like the original movies. I think them doing a themed movie, story re-telling, or a seasonal one would be a mistake right now ... especially after Oz!

There was even talk of a valentines movie a while back actually, for NBC.

Marky

Reaction score
Luke said:
The Haunted House isn't a bad idea, but i don't think its strong enough right now. They'd need to focus on the monsters as you say, and i wasn't impressed with how they made monsters from Kermit, Piggy and the others in the playstation game. I don't think it'd be funny enough, or give the Muppets the boost they need. It needs to be either another VMX type movie (kinda pop culture'ish) or one that brings back the classic muppet show kinda style like the original movies. I think them doing a themed movie, story re-telling, or a seasonal one would be a mistake right now ... especially after Oz!

There was even talk of a valentines movie a while back actually, for NBC.
NBC - they seem so much more in tune with what the Muppets are about.

Luke

Reaction score
Yeah i think if things would have continued with the Hensons owning the Muppets, and some kind of TV Movie/TV Series deal with NBC, and a merchandising deal with HIT, things would be a heck of a lot better than right now.

unclematt

Reaction score
I think NBC would have been a better fit but I would have never said that when Disney first bought the Muppets.

MWoO

Reaction score
King Prawn said:
Something thats also been heard of a few times is "The Cheapest Muppet Movie Ever Made" I don't know how this idea can be played out as a movie but i'd love to know more about it.

This is the idea I want to see the most. It has great potential, assuming people get the joke. Though the title and the actual concept don't really mesh well for me. From what I read here it wasn't so much that it was a cheap movie being made as much as it was that Gonzo blew the budget on the opening scene, leaving no money left. But I can't think of a better title so might as well keep it.

If that idea is never done, I will be very dissappointed as it's the best idea I've heard for a muppet movie that hasn't been done yet. It has the potential to bea classic movie as long as they stay away from the c-list cameo's from MFS. Rob Snider does not a good movie make.

Marky

Reaction score
unclematt said:
I think NBC would have been a better fit but I would have never said that when Disney first bought the Muppets.
yyyyyyyyYep.

They would still be on SNL all the time, they'd likely have a show on now with the same set as IAVMMCM, etc, etc, etc...

King Prawn

Reaction score
MWoO said:
This is the idea I want to see the most. It has great potential, assuming people get the joke. Though the title and the actual concept don't really mesh well for me. From what I read here it wasn't so much that it was a cheap movie being made as much as it was that Gonzo blew the budget on the opening scene, leaving no money left. But I can't think of a better title so might as well keep it.

If that idea is never done, I will be very dissappointed as it's the best idea I've heard for a muppet movie that hasn't been done yet. It has the potential to bea classic movie as long as they stay away from the c-list cameo's from MFS. Rob Snider does not a good movie make.
I agree it seems like quite an original idea for a Muppet movie. We've seen the Muppet try to put together a show before but never a movie. Maybe the movie is like one long Muppet Show episode instead this time the Muppets are trying to make a movie. I'd like to see that, sounds fun

unclematt

Reaction score
Everybody complains about the cameos in MFS but isnt that part of what made TMM so special.

Teheheman

Reaction score
travellingpat said:
Doubt these'll happen...maybe the rockumentary

Can you see

"This is Electric Mayhem"
Didn't they do something like that on Robot Chicken? It would be cool though, A straight to DVD feature on how the Electric Mayhem met and their rise to stardom. Also, a featurette on where are they now? would be kinda cool.

Daniel

Marky

Reaction score
Teheheman said:
Didn't they do something like that on Robot Chicken? It would be cool though, A straight to DVD feature on how the Electric Mayhem met and their rise to stardom. Also, a featurette on where are they now? would be kinda cool.

Daniel
What's that new crude clay animation series called? They just did a raunchy spoof on the very same subject. Janice having Hep C from Tommy Lee, having to 'put Animal down', Zoot disappearing, etc. Is was crude, but hilarious!