News from 2001: Two New Muppet Movies

dmx10101

Reaction score
I just got in the mail a day ago a "Muppet Promo Slick" that I got off of ebay. It's a sheet of paper 8 1/2" x 11" and on the front it has a pic of a few of the Muppets and the Muppet Show 25th Anniversary logo. On the back it has a list of Mupet items, Tv, Films, Marketing etc. stuff to pitch to companies to invest in this Muppet stuff. This thing is rare and was only given to companies. But anyway about the movies. Under the heading Television and Features, it has 2 bullet point sentances. Here they are direct from the sheet-

*The Muppets Present, featuring both returning cast members and new Muppets, is currently being written and is expected to launch in the US, UK, and Germany in 2002.

*Two new Muppet features, Muppet Haunted Movie and Muppet Time Travel, are currently in development.

I took pics of the sheet.
Front page
Back of the page
Close up of Movie description

BoyRaisin2

Reaction score
Oh yes, I remember that thing whe it was posted on the old Delphi forum in Summer 2001. It was a very promising little paper. Emphasis on the word "was."

Ryan

Reaction score
Yeah, this is really old. Nothing came of it, and probably never will. Jerry Nelson, Craig Shemin and Jane Henson were saying how difficult it would be to get a new TV show on the air that they aren't even attempting it now.

Luke

Reaction score
Haunted Movie (Haunted House/Haunted Hotel) was an idea bought by Brian Henson years ago. A main script was commissioned from Greg The Bunny's creator - rewrites came from Kirk Thatcher and Craig Shermin i think (thats from memory). Not sure what happened after that - I have some very brief (but some new) info on the plot forwarded from Greg's creator that i've been meaning to post for ages now.

King Prawn

Reaction score
I hope Luke checks back here soon, I really want to know what the plot's about. :smile:

Luke

Reaction score
Sorry guys, i've been massively busy with various stuff to search back through my old saved emails. My friend (who actually used to hang around here) is in contact with Dan Milano, creator of "Greg The Bunny" and sent me this during summer 2002 :-

Dan also revealed to me some stuff about the long wondered about "Muppet Haunted Hotel" script. The plot basically revovled around the Muppets being turned to ghosts by a villan, along with subplots involving rescuing Miss Piggy and saving their house from demolition. It sounded pretty cool!

The only new information is the stuff about the subplots, we knew everything else (I think Matleo had posted an even briefer plot description about a year ago which contains an additional bit about the villan). As I said, it isn't much really. I think Dan knows about this place though, he's a big Muppet fan.

King Prawn

Reaction score
Thanks Luke, I had heard about them being turned to ghost's but not about the rescuing Piggy or their house part. I know this movie in production at the moment but if it ever is I don't know what i'd think aabout it.

Phillip

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Actually, some of the inspiration for Muppet Monster Adventure came from the ideas of Muppet Haunted House/Hotel.