New Yahoo! Interview with Frank Oz

D'Snowth

Reaction score
Somebody already brought this up in the Steve thread since Frank does weigh in on Steve's termination, however, I figured the entire interview should be shared for people to read and see how much Frank still very much cares about the Muppets and the integrity that he feels is being lost because despite Disney's obvious love for them, they just don't know what to do with them:

https://www.yahoo.com/entertainment...-theyll-never-touching-soulful-185840501.html

Blue Frackle

Reaction score
Frank is a smart guy... always a good interview. :embarrassed: :mad: :halo: :attitude: :frown: :insatiable: :super:

Omg... I just made that thread "Is Sesame Street still funny?", and Frank totally reinforces my point here:

However, Sesame Street today is not Sesame Street as it was before. Sesame Street has turned into a little kids’ show. It’s not anymore written on two levels where it’s hip for adults. So therefore, as a result of the philosophy of Sesame Street now, it’s not what it used to be. That has to permeate to the puppeteers, and the puppeteers don’t have an opportunity to have the characters evolve then. However, people are satisfied with what they see, in my opinion — they don’t know that there could be so much more, and if they had the opportunity to see the characters be more three-dimensional and grow more, they would flock to them more. But nevertheless, that’s the situation with Sesame Street.
So the brand is just carrying it.