New UK Fraggle DVD's in 2006

Kermieuk

Reaction score
Hi Guys,

I just seen on www.MVC.co.uk that two new Fraggle Rock DVD's are due for release in 2006.

The first is ''Let there be Rock'' on January 23rd.

the Second

Fraggle Rock - Down At Fraggle Rock + Making Of Documentary
Release Date: 13-March-2006 ??

No other info available at this time or episodes, or cover art. At least there is hope we will be getting more Fraggles for 2006!

Chris:excited:

Sylinde Bren

Reaction score
And, that's the best news I've heard all day!

Thanks for keeping us updated. :smile:

Xela

Reaction score
Oh! That's so great to hear! Hopefully other countries will start to get them as well!

MuppetDanny

Reaction score
I just been on the bbfc website and the episodes for ''Let there be Rock'' are :
00:26:18:03 FRAGGLE ROCK - RED'S CLUB
00:25:53:24 THE SECRET OF CONVINCING JOHN
00:26:16:05 JUNIOR SELLS THE FARM
00:26:15:17 THE DAY THE MUSIC DIED
source :bbfc.co.uk
and for "Down At Fraggle Rock"
00:25:46:14 FRAGGLE ROCK - THE DOOMSDAY SOUP
00:26:15:04 FRAGGLE ROCK - BOOBER'S QUIET DAY
00:26:10:20 FRAGGLE ROCK - INVASION OF THE TOE-TICKLERS
00:48:24:14 FRAGGLE ROCK DOWN AT FRAGGLE ROCK - BEHIND THE SCENES
source : bbfc.co.uk
Again they are the same episodes and documentary featured on the CTHE DVD a while back. However, I think HIT has used all of episodes from CTHE DVD and fingers crossed HIT will make more volumes with new ones.

Weirdly Sendit.com says "DAFR" DVD has been deleted in the UK since 9th Dec 2005 and it's not even out yet - strange!:confused:

Kermieuk

Reaction score
That is so annoying, why cant we have new UK episodes, previously un released with the UK Lighthouse openings.

Worth noting that the original January release date has now changed to 6th Feb.

Also worth noting is that this ebay auction, claims this release is a two disc??

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/FRAGGLE-ROCK-...ryZ60902QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem
I have seen this on some web sites too, and it claims that

''This DVD double pack includes Let There Be Rock, Down At Fraggle Rock and a 'Making Of' documentary. ''

Lets see what happens, only 3 weeks to wait??

Chris

BlueFrackle

Reaction score
Did anyone buy the Fraggle Rock DVD today? 'Let There Be Rock' and 'Down At Fraggle Rock' were both released!

Let There Be Rock:

1. Red's Club
2. The Secret Of Convincing John
3. Junior Sells The Farm
4. The Day The Music Died

Down At Fraggle Rock

1. The Doomsday Soup
2. Boober's Quiet Day
3. Invasion Of The Toe Ticklers

'Down At Fraggle Rock: Behind The Scenes' was also included in this set!

What did you think of it?

Kermieuk

Reaction score
Hey Warrick, Hows It going?

I recieved the DVD in the post first thing this morning. It is two disc and looks quite nice, It has Wembley on the spine, where as the first two UK releases had Boober and Gobo on the spine.

It features the old Down In Fraggle Rock Documentary and it has an ad printed on the inside of the cover for the first two, but no ads for new titles or boxsets!! Same old epsiodes, a bit better than the first two, but overall, very poor compared to the USA releases, Im glad I have a multi region player.

Also Warrick, I found it cheaper at Play.com, at only £7.99. 50p more than Amazon, BUT postage is free, where amazon charge??

PLEASE HIT! Can we have a UK Boxset and some previously unreleased UK episodes on DVD!!

Chris

Kermieuk

Reaction score
Forgot to mention,

Has anyone else who has bought this noticed the awful type set on the back of the case where it lists the episodes?? The letters have huge spaces between them and some of the letters overlap, very poor.

Also the quality of the transfer is not great, some episodes have fairly major glitches on screen for a second while watching?

Still, Its another UK DVD and looks nice on display with the others, some good epsiodes too.

Chris

PS, When the Trash Heap Move?? I noticed on some episodes on this disc, the trash heap is located with the Gorgs castle behind her left screen. I am used to seeing a wall around her in the earlier episodes, when did this change?? Did this stay for the rest of the epsiodes??