New thread on an old show:Electric Company

JaniceFerSure

Reaction score
Hiya. :excited: I'm just curious to see,who at MC had watched Electric Company? I know this is probably an old topic,as a new member though,just wondering.I used to watch it basically every day,usually around dinner time.I miss Spiderman,seeing our famous stars young(Rita Moreno,Morgan Freeman,even a young Bill Cosby),songs like: Silent E,Do We Always Have to Argue,Yards & Yards of Yellow Yarn,Ch..Chimney Sweep :big_grin: .I'd like to hear your happy memories,sketches,etc.. on The Electric Co.Thanks for looking and posting. :cool:

Klonoa

Reaction score
I watched it but I barely remember anything from it. I guess SS was more memorable for me. All I remember is HEY YOU GUUUUYYYSSSS and some skits had Spiderman in them and most of the skits were about reading and phonics and they used lots of video toaster effects. And that's all I know.

--Klonoa

Drtooth

Reaction score
Unfortunately this was juuuuuuust before, if not grazing, my time. It is a very very old show, and I'm very dissappointed there's no way to see it. I do remember the Square one show of the 80's. SNL like sketch comedy routines that taught Math? Nothing better than that!

Klonoa

Reaction score
Didn't Noggin show The Electric Company for a time?

I remember Square One. I probably would have liked it better if I actually LIKED math. I did like the Math Man skits because they were parodies of Pac-Man.

--Klonoa
Pac-Man freak

Phantom

Reaction score
Fargo North, Decoder....

Yeah, I rushed home to watch SS, Mr. Rogers, The Electric Company and Zoom. My kids are missing out. I only got to see cartoons on Saturday and the best kids shows were on PBS. Now, cartoons are on 24/7 and PBS...well, to be honest, who watches PBS anymore in this go-go world that we live?

...the way of the dinosaur....

jrod

Reaction score
I have 3 episodes on vhs. The quality is really grainy but oh well. I LOVE the sketches and its really funny and witty! I also love the animation as well.

pcord

Reaction score
jrod said:
I have 3 episodes on vhs. The quality is really grainy but oh well. I LOVE the sketches and its really funny and witty! I also love the animation as well.
Hi jrod,

Which episodes of The Electric Company do you have? If you don't know the episode numbers, are these from Noggin or the original ones from PBS? Also, are these episodes from the final 2 seasons: Seasons 5 and 6 (1975-77) or from the earlier seasons? (1971-74)

Thanks.

Censored

Reaction score
The Electric Company was a very good show. Oscar The Grouch and Grover each made a guest appearance on there once. EC didn't have many puppets of their own, but they did have the puppet "Maurice", a vicious plant that lived in Perdo's flower shop. There was also a lisping chicken puppet whose name escapes me, and a costumed gorilla named Paul.