New Sesame Street documentary based on "Street Gang" to premiere in April 2021

Oscarfan

Reaction score
I'm gonna said what I said over at the TP Forum: I don't get why this needs to be a Street Gang thing. I can't think of an angle the documentary would take that involves the book. It can be a documentary about the history of SS, that's fine, but where/how does the book come into? How will that distinguish it from, say, the A&E special?

D'Snowth

Reaction score
Well, again, perhaps it will more or less be something of an abridged, televisual version of the book like the recent PBS documentary on Jim seemed like such in regards to Brian Jay Jones's book. That's just my thinking.

Honestly, I think anything at this point will be distinguishable from the A&E special - as brilliant as it was (and still is), it's sadly quite dated now. Not to mention, the A&E special merely scratched the surface of the show, and didn't really shed too much insight on the people involved with putting the show together (Joan Ganz Cooney was interview, as was Lloyd Morisett - albeit, briefly), other than some of the cast, as then head writer Lou Berger. If anything, the A&E special put more focus on the overall production of the show, as well as Jim and the Muppets' involvement.

Drtooth

Reaction score
Or the, "HBO to release every single SST episode ever made in the history of the world," thread? :stick_out_tongue:
I'm of the "I'm too old for this [stuff]" type when it comes to April Fool's day. Sure, when I was first online and the joke wasn't stale as heck and I actually didn't pay too much attention to what day it was it was cute. It's just you can only fain excitement for "New Muppet Something or Other, but not really" gags so many years.

gravy

Reaction score
Yes. It's coming.

My reaction:

MuppetSpot

Reaction score
I wonder if Frank Oz will be interview for the documentary?