New Sesame Street Post Breakfast Cereals

dinoboy

Reaction score
Someone mentioned that they are concerned with the amount of BHT (Butylated Hydroxytoluene added to preserve this cereal. Is it really that unhealthy and dangerous?

jvcarroll

Reaction score
Someone mentioned that they are concerned with the amount of BHT(Butylated Hydroxytoluene added to preserve this cereal. Is it really that unhealthy and dangerous?
They don't really know.

Drtooth

Reaction score
I don't see why these cereals need to be made when you can just buy Cheerios. I guess it's because of the extremely mild fruity taste.
Licensing. I bet Post is going to be one of SS's sponsors next season.

Someone mentioned that they are concerned with the amount of BHT(Butylated Hydroxytoluene added to preserve this cereal. Is it really that unhealthy and dangerous?
Probably some well to do suburban housewife with too much time on her hands. That's usually who gets overly concerned about these things.

And the reason we can't have any fun cereals anymore, actually.

AquaGGR

Reaction score
If these cereals were the fun types of cereals, Cookie Monster's cereal would be a Cookie Crisps-esque cereal. Elmo's would be like the red parts of Apple Jacks, and Big Bird's would be like banana-flavored Rice Krispies.

dinoboy

Reaction score
the cereal shapes are only x's and O's? General Mills had made a cereal like that once, I think it was called tic-tac-toe Cherrios. But you figure that Post's Seseme Street cereals would've contained all the rest of the letters of the alphabet, since Post already makes Alphabits anyway. Unless you figure that Cookie monster ate all the other letters except the X's and O's.

Drtooth

Reaction score
Reminds me how Quaker's Tiny Toon Adventures cereal was essentially Mr. T cereal with more letters.

dinoboy

Reaction score
are there any children that don't like this cereal? Just out of curiosity.

Drtooth

Reaction score
My local grocery store has deep discounts on the remainder of the Big Bird cereal. Only other time they were throwing away cereal at those prices permanently was for Turbo. And that movie bombed, so it has an excuse.

I'm sure toddlers probably eat it with no problem though.

dinoboy

Reaction score
hey guys, check this out, I found a cereal history webpage showing that Kellogg's has attempted to create a Sesame Street breakfast cereal product in 1998. Although it never made it to market, but it looks like the idea and a concept of a Sesame Street breakfast cereal was already attempted by another breakfast cereal company that predates Post's version of the cereal. http://www.flickr.com/photos/wafflewhiffer/6513933945/?reg=1&src=comment. To me I think that the Kelloggs version of the ceral is what the cereal should've looked like, as it definitely had the entire alphabet as well as various cereal pieces shaped like Sesame Street characters.

Drtooth

Reaction score
It's hard to assume what that cereal was. From the looks of it it looks like a mix between Alpha-Bits and that Buzz Lightyear cereal I once talked about. It looks like it has cookies/grahams shaped like the 4 Muppets on the package. I guess they were concerned about the addition of cookies or something. There is no way they could make corn/oat shapes that specific.