New Sesame Street documentary based on "Street Gang" to premiere in April 2021

Pig'sSaysAdios

Reaction score
Some really really, incredibly amazing news (if this source is reliable)! Macrocosm Entertainment and Citizen Skull Productions might be developing a new documentary based on the "Street Gang" book by Michael Davis. It's slated to be released in 2017.
I swear, i've been saying,ever since I read the book five years ago,that they should make a documentary based on this incredible book:
http://deadline.com/2016/04/marah-s...ocosm-entertainment-citizen-skull-1201730178/
If you've read the book, i'm sure your excited too!
:fanatic::fanatic::smile::smile::smile::smile::smile::smile::smile::smile::smile::smile::smile::smile::smile::smile::smile::smile::smile::smile::smile::fanatic:

D'Snowth

Reaction score
Well then, this should be most interesting. Admittedly, I had trouble getting into the book myself -- it was a little dry reading, but a library page friend of mine sent me a copy of the audio book when branch was cleaning out their inventory, and hearing it in Caroll's voice made a world of difference.

Pig'sSaysAdios

Reaction score
Well then, this should be most interesting. Admittedly, I had trouble getting into the book myself -- it was a little dry reading, but a library page friend of mine sent me a copy of the audio book when branch was cleaning out their inventory, and hearing it in Caroll's voice made a world of difference.
Yeah, I took a while to read the book mostly because I made the mistake of reading the entire book from the very beginning. It gets a lot more interesting when they get to the part where they talk about the show's premiere, which doesn't happen until about twelve or thirteen chapters in.

D'Snowth

Reaction score
I, at least, give Michael Davis credit for shining some light on the unsung heroes behind the show's genesis. Up until I read the book, I was aware of the story about Beverly Owen being playing Marilyn Munster for the first thirteen episodes of THE MUNSTERS, but kept having melodramatic tantrums behind-the-scenes about being homesick and missing her boyfriend, up to the point that Fred Gwyne and Al Lewis became so fed up with her they demanded she be let out of her contract and the role recast . . . but, I wasn't aware that said boyfriend was actually Jon Stone, and that Beverly Owen's tantrums were all an act cooked up between the two of them, knowing it would get her released from her contract so she could move to New York. Funny how all these little things are connected.

sesamemuppetfan

Reaction score
I took a look at the link, and I'm pretty excited! The Jim Henson documentary that aired back in September was pretty much an abridged version of Jim Henson The Biography, so I can't wait to see how the Street Gang documentary turns out! :smile:

Drtooth

Reaction score
April Fools?
You know what? The best April Fool's joke ever is one that is real news released among the predictable, never clever "Disney to release Muppets seasons they didn't release" threads.

That's actually why I avoided this thread Friday. If this was indeed an April Fool's joke I'd applaud it. At least it sounds realistic enough that I'd get disappointed if it I actually fell for it. Reasonable an expectation, not something that was a sore point for Muppet fans. You have "Such and Such to release every episode ever" or "ABC renews the Muppets for 50 half hours" and you get this sort of thing every year. But had this been fake, at least it would have been clever and researched enough to sound like a real thing happening. I mean the "Muppet Summer on Freeform"...yeah. Because emo 12 year old girls that actually fall for the lame new tweenpocalypse conspiracy novels are huge Muppet fans. That's why they all flocked to MMW. I can't get behind that.

HOWEVER, this is real and I didn't think it was. That's the way to fool someone jaded enough to not care. You fool them by giving them news they wouldn't otherwise believe. The best way to make a fool.

Other than that. YAY! Sesame Street documentary.

D'Snowth

Reaction score
I used to pull April Fools pranks here all the time, but ever since that big one I did years ago where I suddenly announced I no longer like Kathy Greenwood, I've never been able to top that, nor have I ever been able to fool anybody since, so I've pretty much given up on April Fools here.

I see where Jon Lovitz was involved in an elaborate prank where he was seemingly engaged to a girl half his age, when it was merely a publicity stunt for the girl (I guess she's a musical artist and he was in her MV, I'm not sure) -- that reminds me of how MrsPepper and I were planning on a similar prank years ago because some people here were under the impression that she and I were an item because we're such close friends, but at the last minute she decided the prank probably wasn't a very good idea, and we never went through with it. Sometimes, I still wonder how it would have played out though, lol.

But yeah, because of the timing, I thought this was another prank, but this is apparently legit.
You know what? The best April Fool's joke ever is one that is real news released among the predictable, never clever "Disney to release Muppets seasons they didn't release" threads.
Or the, "HBO to release every single SST episode ever made in the history of the world," thread? :stick_out_tongue: