New series, Animal Jam debuts February 24

BlueFrackle

Reaction score
Cory,

Its just a Penguin Puppet, Not a Henson puppet.

see ya

Phillip

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Thank you Luke. The link is fixed. I copied it from yesterday's post.

So, who else has seen the show this week? What did you think?

scarecroe

Reaction score
Originally posted by Luke
BTW - if Scott submits his review (above) it's gonna take a lot of pictures to pad that page out ! LOL !
Heh, I suppose that would be true :wink:

I posted about it at TP, but basically the show's just a waste of time. There's no magic, and it's all hyper-charged glitter meant to keep your kid wired. There's zero reason why there needs to be a tiny tot version of Amercian Bandstand on TV :rolleyes:. My daughter will be skipping it and sticking to SS, Bear and TMS :big_grin:.

Luke

Reaction score
Actually Scott thats really interesting, because although i've not seen 'Animal Jam' i have seen 'Hi-5' which is in the same programming block and that too seems to be based on this new fangled idea of jazzing up childrens TV so i guess they've got some new trendy programme director in or something. I've never liked it either.

scarecroe

Reaction score
Something along the same lines that was much better was "Mickey Mousercise" years ago on the Disney Channel. It had the female Jane Fonda-type host that led the kids in a series of excercises to start their day. They even had the full body Mickey, Goofy and Donald come in to do one or two sets with them. An updated version of that would be a much more useful show I think than this drivel if you ask me.

Drtooth

Reaction score
Originally posted by scarecroe
Something along the same lines that was much better was "Mickey Mousercise" years ago on the Disney Channel. It had the female Jane Fonda-type host that led the kids in a series of excercises to start their day.
LOL... my mom used to torcher me with that tape!

Anyway, from the reviews, it seems to be like Monster Clubhouse with different characters and such...:sleep:

Anyway, is it possibly as bad as or :smile:eek: GASP) worse than Tommie DiPaloa?

Hays

Reaction score
Well written review article!

Didn't even know about this series; until the new season of SS comes out, it's been Wiggles every day (sigh, pull hair out)

When I first saw the review, I was hoping that this would be a replacement for the Wiggles, whom I don't particularly enjoy (I agree wholeheartedly with the reviewer about them - it's just that their song and script WRITING is so inane!)

I like any kind of TV that gets my son up and moving, though, so we'll give it a shot on Monday as soon as I figure out the time slot in our neck of the woods. Keep y'all posted!

It's crap.
BTW, Scott - gotta love somebody who calls it like it is! I will watch with the appropriate amount of apprehension.

During college I used to do after-school daycamp. On rainy days, we'd try to get the kids to Mousercize, and the kids thought it was the worst torcher ever invented. I've been hoping for some kind of "dance party" with muppets, to make exercise more palatable. This sounds really over-produced, and I hate that. Bummer.