New series, Animal Jam debuts February 24

Phillip

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Just a reminder that the new Henson series Animal Jam will debut February 24 on The Learning Channel and on March 3 on Kids Discovery Channel.

Here is some more info on the show when they completed production on the 30 episodes last summer...

http://www.muppetcentral.com/news/2002/070202.shtml

Animal Jam also has an official Web site...

http://www.animaljamtv.com/

If you would like to write a review of this new show, you can submit it below. Please watch several episodes as this will help to get an idea of how things change from show-to-show.

http://www.muppetcentral.com/articles/submit.shtml

Are you looking forward to this new show? What are your hopes and expectations?

kansasteen14

Reaction score
it looks good for the pre-school set, I saw some of the filming at MgM, I like some of those vivid colors.

Phillip

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Kansasteen14, thanks for the input on the nice colors. Can you give us some more input on your thoughts of the filming? Did you see any of the characters? Were the kids responsive to what was going on?

BoyRaisin2

Reaction score
Originally posted by kansasteen14
it looks good for the pre-school set, I saw some of the filming at MgM, I like some of those vivid colors.
Back up. THIS is was filmed at the Disney-MGM Studios as well?

And, telling by the pictures, I think (and hope) it will be a cool new Henson brand. The characters look--I hate these words--cute and cuddly, and I hope I'll be up early enough to check it out.

Hope it won't share the fate of Hallmark's "Telling Stories with Tomie dePoala."

Phillip

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Here's a little more info on Animal Jam (which debuts tomorrow by the way). Most notable is that it will air commercial free and the children's block will have a penguin host.

Attention, parents of preschoolers! Monday morning, cable's TLC network will launch "Ready Set Learn!" -- a commercial-free, sponsor-free weekday programming block.

It will consist of five curriculum-based series: Scholastic's "The Magic School Bus," "Brum," "The Save-Ums" and "Hi-5," as well as Jim Henson's "Animal Jam."

Host for the morning is Paz, a penguin character, whose short adventures are interlaced with the longer series. Airing Monday through Friday from 5 to 8 a.m., "Ready Set Learn!" also airs twice, starting at 5 a.m., on Discovery Kids Channel.

beaker

Reaction score
Originally posted by Phillip Chapman
Here's a little more info on Animal Jam (which debuts tomorrow by the way). Most notable is that it will air commercial free and the children's block will have a penguin host.
Aw, as in Muppet shpw penguin? Interesting...only a few hours to go...I dont have cable, but Im hoping a few people post their thoughts on this. I mean look at the strange motley ensomble cast, it must be worth a watch!

Luke

Reaction score
Hi-5 is (at least over here) an Australians childrens show where they all dance, sing and talk slowly to kids liiiikkkeee thiiiiis. You just know those teen presenters are doing the job so they can get recognised and become Britney clones. :eek:

BlueFrackle

Reaction score
Cory,

Its not a Muppet Penguin, Well i dont know that for sure...

But my brain is telling me that it isnt, So i will listen to him - Hehe !

see ya

Luke

Reaction score
Exactamondo Wozza ...... but it SHOULD have been a Muppet Penguin, ratings would have soared - lets never lose sight of that ! :big_grin:

beaker

Reaction score
Originally posted by Luke
Exactamondo Wozza ...... but it SHOULD have been a Muppet Penguin, ratings would have soared - lets never lose sight of that ! :big_grin:
Um, so its a Sesame styled penguin?

Heyyyyy...wait a second...its Feb 24th...WHERE THE HECK is the Animal Jam initial thoughts? Geez, youd think at least a few JHC fans were tuning in that have net access. *sigh*