New Sababa Plush Sets including The Electric Mayhem Band

Chilly Down

Reaction score
Gosh. Am I the only one who doesn't think these are attractive at all? Floyd, Dr. Teeth, and Bunsen in particular look rather laughably bad to me. (And notice how they spell "Beeker"'s name.) Unlike the Palisades figures or the Sideshow busts, which are spot-on, these likenesses seem very warped to me. I hope these look better in person.

Oh, well, just stating my opinion. Not trying to rain on anyone's parade. People excited about new Muppet product is always a good thing!

DarthGonzo

Reaction score
I'm already starting to see these dolls around my area. The Spencer Gifts in my local malls have Kermit, Fozzie, Beaker and Animal. I've also seen Bunsen in a crane machine in a Ruby Tuesdays nearby.

I wonder if the EM plush dolls will be around the same size as the plushes the Disney Theme parks currently sell. I've already got all 8 dolls (Kermit, Fozzie, Piggy, Gonzo, Animal, Waldorf, Statler, Scooter, Beaker and Rizzo) so Floyd, Dr Teeth, Zoot and Janice will make nice additions. Someone really needs to make a Rowlf plush though.

frogboy4

Inactive Member
Reaction score
The EM band dolls appear to be beans comparable in quality to the WDW beans, but a few inches smaller. I see nothing laughably bad about them. In fact, I think they're quite good at that size. They could definitely be better. I actually think Teeth and Floyd are the strongest of the bunch. :big_grin: :sing: Zoot looks a little smooshy and Janice has had better days. Still, it's good to have them. The big deal is that these characters have never been released as plushes. I can see the excitement.

The Bunsen is pretty lame but it's exactly the same plush as the Igel so I'm not really shocked. The Nanco Bunsen dolls are rather good.

Chilly Down

Reaction score
Perhaps the size has something to do with it. Again, maybe they look better in person.

I want a plush of Fozzie--with Piggy's floating head. :wink: :stick_out_tongue:

uncleduke

Reaction score
Originally posted by Chilly Down
Gosh. Am I the only one who doesn't think these are attractive at all? Floyd, Dr. Teeth, and Bunsen in particular look rather laughably bad to me. (And notice how they spell "Beeker"'s name.) Unlike the Palisades figures or the Sideshow busts, which are spot-on, these likenesses seem very warped to me. I hope these look better in person.

Oh, well, just stating my opinion. Not trying to rain on anyone's parade. People excited about new Muppet product is always a good thing!
Actually the poor spelling is the websites fault, not Sababa's....

However, I pointed these out somewhere (either here or the Palisades board) over a week ago. We found the 18" Beaker, Fozzie, Animal, GOnzo and Kermit at Hot Topic - they have since shown up at Spencer's.

Anyway, my Beakers tag spells his name "GONZO"!

frogboy4

Inactive Member
Reaction score
LOL! Funny stuff. Yeah, some people around here misspell Beaker too. The biggest Muppet misspellings I’ve seen from companies and on Ebay are “Jim Hanson, Muffets, Fozzy, Ralph and Skeeter’s name being used for Scooter. It all upsets me. I also find it odd that the Henson lawyers haven’t jumped all over products that use this ugly cat named “Muppet”. I see that all the time on Ebay. Very annoying. I doubt that character has been around since the 50s. :eek:

BlueFrackle

Reaction score
Jamie,

I thought the same thing about the cat !

I am excited about these, Any plush of the Electric Mayhem is good for me !

And i really love the clothes Piggy is wearing, Animal and Fozzie look great too !

Although, i did think Fozzie looked a bit like the Tinman !

see ya

Luke

Reaction score
Guys (Warrick Especially)

I could be wrong but i think a mistake may have been made here. All the 18" plushes you see on that page are NOT (as far as i know) part of the new Sababa line - they are actually from Catric (Igel). So the reason some of you are already seeing the 18" plushes and some of you are saying that they look like the other Igel plushes you've seen before it might be because they ARE made by the same people. I think they are just new versions that have been available at Virgin here in the UK for many months now. I've only just recognised them and all the exact same facial features and costumes. If this is true, Warrick how the heck have you not spotted it ?

I think Catric holds the large retail plush license, Sababa holds the mini retail plush license, and Namco holds the non-retail gaming and amusement license. So maybe we won't see the obscure charcaters in 18" form but it looks like the future waves will be the 7" plush and bean plushes.

I dunno, i think i'm right - they always looked a bit funny to me and i think it's because they've been staring me in the face for the past 3 or 4 months ! LOL !

Manda:-D

Reaction score
Hmmm....I don't really like the Piggy. Or the Gonzo. Or Janice, either. Janice leat of all, actiually. (Her feet are NOT that huge!!!!)