New Pixar Movie Previews

Drtooth

Reaction score
Ugh. No Pixar film next year? And all we're getting is that clearly not going to be good thing?

Drtooth

Reaction score
So much for having 2 Pixar films a year.

Seriously... Maleficent just screams "The Sorcerer's Apprentice" in bold letters. It might be good, sure. But the track record with these kind of big budget franchise films for Disney... they're safer making Muppet movies. Getting just around twice it's budget of a low budget film vs Lone Ranger's massive box office meltdown seems like a much better gamble.

Still, I'd rather Guardians of the Galaxy to get that sweet May spot. But it probably won't be ready by then.

Muppet fan 123

Reaction score
They keep doing that. They keep planning two Pixar movies, and end up cancelling or pushing off the other ones.

Drtooth

Reaction score
The fact that there's clearly some behind the scenes drama doesn't exactly make The Good Dinosaur sound promising. The last time they had BTS drama, they had Brave. A good film that speaks to people, but hardly as great as it could have been.

And the worst thing? Good Dinosaur was supposed to come with a Monsters University short. GRRRRR! I loved Monsters University, but I really think there would be potential in some MU shorts to help explore characters they didn't have time to in the film.

Muppet fan 123

Reaction score
Bringing that up, I don't know if you heard, but Bob Peterson was dumped from the director position a week ago.

The Count

Staff member
Reaction score
By now I'm sure everyone knows the lines from the song "We're Doing a Sequel"...

Muppets: "We're doing a sequel, the studio wants more."
:concern: "While they wait for Tom Hanks to make Toy Story 4."

Well, consider that threat a self-fulfilling prophecy. Twas announced earlier today that John Lazitor will return to direct TS4, scheduled for wide release in 2017. Make of that what you will.

*Still holds out hope for the Día de los Muertos Pixar film in 2016 and a third Muppets movie in 2017 to complete the Muppet Studio trilogy.

D'Snowth

Reaction score

We do not need a TOY STORY 4. We don't. I'm sorry, we don't. Unnecessary sequels have already gotten out of hand in the last several years as it is, and TOY STORY 3 can be forgiven because Pixar had been trying for it for years, and they turned it into something special... but the thing of it is, they ended the story in #3... that should be it... Andy goes to college, gives his toys away to Bonnie, that should be it! What is #4 going to be about? Bonnie grows up and has to decide what to do with the toys? Now Toy Story really will lose its credibilty.

The Count

Staff member
Reaction score
Well, there's the Christmas special, The Toy that Time Forgot debuting later this year on ABC and ABC Family respectively so that might give us some clues or fannish speculation at least. *Shrugs.