New Pixar Movie Previews

AquaGGR

Reaction score
We've been having bad sequels for a long time. Like those Disney DTV sequels that were constantly coming out in the early 2000s. The over-saturation of CGI has been making sequels worse, though. I really hope after Finding Dory, Pixar cuts back on the sequels.

Every CGI company seems to want to have that franchise that they can milk to the extreme. DreamWorks has Shrek, Blue Sky has Ice Age, Sony Animation has Open Season. I don't really consider Toy Story one of those, the third one was too good.

Drtooth

Reaction score
Pixar doesn't need to make franchises. As I said before, we only got 3 Toy Stories because of Disney's involvement. The first sequel they made them make as a cheap DTV, the second sequel Disney was going to do on its own (with a terrible script) when Pixar left (before Bob Iger became CEO and bought them). Actually... every Pixar sequel, including Dory was severely going to be made under Disney without Pixar had that not happened. What does that tell you? Tells you they wanted to make them on their own to prove they could do a better job. I almost swear they made Toy Story 3 the most dramatic thing they ever made to spite Eisner.

There is an over abundance of low rent CGI movies out there... but look at it this way. There were a lot of ultragarbage 2-D animated movies when Disney had its Renaissance. And talented people got roped into terrible Disney wanna be films. Look at Thumbellina. TERRIBLE film. I only wanted to see it because of the Animaniacs theatrical short.

Muppet fan 123

Reaction score
I think Inside Out will be the most brilliant movie to be released under the Disney name. Not as excited for The Good Dinosaur at the moment, but it could lead up to being another great Pixar movie.

The voice cast has been announced for Inside Out:
Anger - Lewis Black, Disgust - Mindy Kaling, Fear - Bill Hader, Joy - most important emotion - Amy Poehler, Sadness - Phyllis Smith

D'Snowth

Reaction score
The voice cast has been announced for Inside Out:
Anger - Lewis Black, Disgust - Mindy Kaling, Fear - Bill Hader, Joy - most important emotion - Amy Poehler, Sadness - Phyllis Smith
See what I mean? Everytime SNL cast members leave the show, then all of the sudden, their voices are heard in practically every single new animated movie that comes out at the time of their departures. :stick_out_tongue:

Other than that, I haven't heard of the others. :stick_out_tongue: :stick_out_tongue:

Muppet fan 123

Reaction score
See what I mean? Everytime SNL cast members leave the show, then all of the sudden, their voices are heard in practically every single new animated movie that comes out at the time of their departures. :stick_out_tongue:

Other than that, I haven't heard of the others. :stick_out_tongue: :stick_out_tongue:

Yeah, it's weird. Bill Hader is scheduled to be in a lot of upcoming Disney movies.

Mindy Kalig and Phyllis Smith are well known from The Office. (Known for playing Kelly and Phyllis).
Amy Poehler, known from SNL, Parks and Rec, and more. Bill Hader is well known from SNL, and I never heard of Lewis Black before. :smirk:

The Count

Staff member
Reaction score
You've never heard of Louis Black before?!? Someone get this man a compilation of the Back in Black segments from The Daily Show, stat! :grouchy: Either that or one of his stand-up specials like Red White and Black. His bit on the end of the universe located in Houston, Texas because you have a Starbucks shop directly across from another Starbucks shop is hellarious... To say nothing about his annurism routine over the woman who wouldn't have spent a year in college for her horse.

And then there's always his work as Ricki Owens better known as Mr. E in both seasons of Scooby-Doo, Mystery Incorporated.

Drtooth

Reaction score
Yeah, it's weird. Bill Hader is scheduled to be in a lot of upcoming Disney movies.
Bill Hader actually did a few cartoon voices while he was still with SNL. He was the principal of Stoolbend High in The Cleveland Show and he's currently the voice of the guy in Gravity Falls that goes "Git 'im! GI-I-I-IT 'I-I-M!!!" I think he was in quite a few animated films this summer as "additional voices."

The Count

Staff member
Reaction score
From www.voicechasers.com, here's Bill Hater's voiceography.

South Park
Farmer#2, from "You're Getting Old".
Doogal
Soldier Sam.
Xavier: Renegade Angel
Pavlov, from "Xavier's Maneuver"; Priest, from "Vibracaust"
Grand Theft Auto IV
Wilson Taylor Sr.
Cloudy with a Chance of Meatballs
Flint Lockwood.
Ice Age: Dawn of the Dinosaurs
Gazelle.
Freaknik: The Musical
Tad.
Scott Pilgrim vs. the World
Unknown Voice.
Ugly Americans
William Dyer, from "An American Werewolf in America".
Bob's Burgers
Mickey, from "Bob Day Afternoon" and "Bob Fires the Kids".
Hoodwinked Too! Hood vs. Evil
Hansel.
Cloudy with a Chance of Meatballs 2
Flint Lockwood.
Monsters University
Scare Games Referee, Slug.
Star Trek Into Darkness
Unknown Additional Voices.
Turbo
Guy Gagne.

The Count

Staff member
Reaction score
:news: This is a Muppet News Flash!

Hey guys, there's a shake-up concerning next year's slate of movies.
The Good Dinosaur slides from May 30 2014 all the way to November 25 2015, which was Finding Dori's release.
Because of the vacancy, Maleficent gets moved up from July 2 to May 30 2014.
And Finding Dori gets moved to June 2016.

No word on how this affects Inside-Out, the Pixar movie slated between The Good Dinosaur and Finding Dori... Nor do we have an update on Día de Los Muertos, which now looks like a potential delay until 2017.