New Pixar Movie Previews

D'Snowth

Reaction score
You see, Disney tried to copyright the term for use as the movie's title (and tie-in merchandising). You heard that right. Disney tried to copyright the name of a sacred holiday. That went as well as you can expect.
Don't forget, Bagdasarian Productions tried to copyright the letter 'A' for use in merchandising (shirts, caps, things like that).

The Count

Staff member
Reaction score
In much the same way Donald Trump tried to copyright the phrase "You're Fired".

:laugh: "You're Fired".
:super: Oh please sir, don't fire me! I'll work harder, I'll do a better job, oh please don't fire meeeee!

On another note, Pixar movies will be airing this weekend and next on ABC Family. They've got Cars and Wall-E tonight/tomorrow and then A Bug's Life next Saturday and all three Toy Stories consecutively in a row on Sunday Aug 18.

mr3urious

Reaction score
The Good Dinosaur sounds like a really interesting concept with dinos never going extinct, evolving into intelligent creatures, and meeting humans for the first time.

Inside Out looks cute and interesting, as I'm a sucker for those inside-the-body type moments in entertainment. I love the character designs, the red guy reminding me of Carl from Up.

I'm glad Pixar is going with a Halloween special to Toy Story. I mean, the last movie ended on a really high note. Why ruin that with yet another sequel? :confused:

Frozen looks gorgeous. I'm a little disappointed that it's not 2D like they planned in development heck (though we can thank Disney's poor marketing for the lower-than-expected performances of Princess and the Frog and Pooh), but Disney has shown off their ability to render hair in Tangled, and here their ability to render ice is no less impressive.

I hope Finding Dory at least expands upon its predecessor like other Pixar sequels rather than remake it. This could potentially give the forgetful fish some more character development, as long as they don't Flanderize her short-term memory. I hope the Tank Gang returns, too, possibly coping with their new-found life in the ocean.

It really grinds my gears that people are mad about another Pixar sequel coming out many years after its predecessor when Planes already has a trilogy planned out and several more spinoffs in the pipeline. :grr:

The Dia de los Muertos film looks like it could be some good morbid fun. Pixar should use a different title, though.

D'Snowth

Reaction score
The Good Dinosaur sounds like a really interesting concept with dinos never going extinct, evolving into intelligent creatures, and meeting humans for the first time.
So in other words, it's the SUPER MARIO BROS. movie, only the dinosaurs evolved into intelligent creatures don't live in a underworld dimension and their leader isn't plotting to merge both dimensions into one world where he would rule over everybody and de-evolve all of mankind.

Drtooth

Reaction score
And yes, you know they have to eventually complete the trifecta of the Cars and Planes universe with... Boats!
No... they're NOT eventually going to. They've already planned on it.

Besides the Planes series, DisneyToon is considering to make more spin-offs that would feature other vehicles like boats and trains, and which may go into production if Planes is well received.
So THAT is the reason I'm hoping reception for this film is poor. Disney will eventually become the "hot upstart talking vehicle that learns a lesson" outlet. To give you a gist... if Dreamworks' Turbo was successful, it would probably would have lead to a sequel and maybe some more toys and possibly the cartoon series not getting dumped on Netflix. If Planes is successful, we'd have at least 3 Boat and 3 Train movies... all with identical plots, and walls of merchandise that will never stop. We'd be all looking for Muppet stuff at the Disney store when MMW comes out, and wade through barely offensive cultural stereotype planes and boats and stuff just to find like one Kermit plush or something.

Inside Out looks cute and interesting, as I'm a sucker for those inside-the-body type moments in entertainment. I love the character designs, the red guy reminding me of Carl from Up.
I know I'm gonna love the film, but I just keep looking at it and thinking Herman's Head (I'm old enough to remember that one, dear Lord). I say, Pixar should embrace that similarity and cast Yeardly Smith as something. She was on Herman's Head around the time The Simpsons started. Lisa even mentioned the show by name in a very early episode.

I'm glad Pixar is going with a Halloween special to Toy Story. I mean, the last movie ended on a really high note. Why ruin that with yet another sequel? :confused:
I'd LOVE to see more Pixar films do TV specials. Toy Story sounds like a great choice, but it would be great if they opened up to other films getting short half hour holiday specials. Especially if they can get Monsters Inc in there.

mr3urious

Reaction score
If Planes is successful, we'd have at least 3 Boat and 3 Train movies... all with identical plots, and walls of merchandise that will never stop. We'd be all looking for Muppet stuff at the Disney store when MMW comes out, and wade through barely offensive cultural stereotype planes and boats and stuff just to find like one Kermit plush or something.
It being plopped into August should give us some peace of mind.

D'Snowth

Reaction score
We'd be all looking for Muppet stuff at the Disney store when MMW comes out, and wade through barely offensive cultural stereotype planes and boats and stuff just to find like one Kermit plush or something.
Disney's ALWAYS been like that with Muppet merchandise ever since they bought them... even when THE MUPPETS (2011) came out, you walk into the Disney Store, you see shelves upon shelves upon shelves of merchandise of all the other characters and entities that have always been Disney properties, ranging from Pixar, to the Disney Animated Canon, what have... then there may be like ONE little display with Muppet items, like pencils, notepads, and other mediocre items like that that kids wouldn't even buy anyway, because if they were caught with Muppet school supplies, it'd be wedgy city fer shur for them.

Drtooth

Reaction score
I hope Finding Dory at least expands upon its predecessor like other Pixar sequels rather than remake it. This could potentially give the forgetful fish some more character development, as long as they don't Flanderize her short-term memory. I hope the Tank Gang returns, too, possibly coping with their new-found life in the ocean.
I still don't see why everyone's up in arms about Finding Dory. Pixar has had 4 sequels before, and 3 of them were great, and the one everyone hates is the sequel to the movie no one over the age of 7 liked that much anyway. And it's not like Pixar planned to do a sequel to it in the first place. Dreamworks announces sequels the second their movie opens with good returns. They already planned The Croods 2 and a TV series. Considering Turbo didn't do so well, and Rise of the Guardians is proof the Thanksgiving Weekend Box Office has cooled significantly, they'll take the hits where they can. Meanwhile, I found out that the terrible Lionsgate Wolf movie, Alpha and Omega, is getting a sequel. To the delight of no one but Wolf favoring Furries.

But Finding Dory has a lot of potential to be a good Dory character piece. The character was just under defined enough to have a backstory. There's a lot that they can tap into that for. Plus, there would be plenty of room for the fish tank guys and the sharks to have some great moments. Pixar only has that one off sequel that plays like an extended Saturday Morning Cartoon episode (Cars 2), but both Toy Story sequels and Monsters University are high enough quality to show they can do good here as well.

AquaGGR

Reaction score
galagr said:

The guy on the far right actually looks a little bit like a character from one of Pete Doctor (the director)'s student short films. Perhaps it's intentional?

D'Snowth

Reaction score
I still don't see why everyone's up in arms about Finding Dory. Pixar has had 4 sequels before, and 3 of them were great, and the one everyone hates is the sequel to the movie no one over the age of 7 liked that much anyway.
Because we're in an era now where everybody is sick of sequels because they've become an overused and overrated gimmick. Remember a few years back when 3D was the thing? EVERY new movie that came out was 3D, and it got to the point where people were sick of it, it's the same with sequels now: almost every movie either automatically gets a sequel, or older movies are dug up and given sequels, and people are sick of them.

As far as Pixar goes, their sequels were few and far between, but lately, half of what they've been coming out with have been sequels or prequels.