New Pics: Jason Segel and the Muppets at the L.A. movie set

matleo

Reaction score
Basically, we have huge Muppet nerds running everything. Muppet nerds ran Palisades, Muppet nerd fanboys insisted upon and are currently filming the new Muppet film, and Muppet fans are running the Muppets at Disney...AND are allowed to do their thing. Now Disney is definitely quite a different animal than under Eisner.
And let's not forget my favorite: Late-night Muppet nerd, goes to NBC execs and says "Really cool thing in a closet in the basement! Why isn't this on display!"

What I love about that was it had NOTHING to do with fame. It had nothing to do with image. It was just this guy saying, "This is part of our culture and it needs to be shared." Awesomest Muppet moment of 2010.

beaker

Reaction score
And let's not forget my favorite: Late-night Muppet nerd, goes to NBC execs and says "Really cool thing in a closet in the basement! Why isn't this on display!"

What I love about that was it had NOTHING to do with fame. It had nothing to do with image. It was just this guy saying, "This is part of our culture and it needs to be shared." Awesomest Muppet moment of 2010.
Oh totally. That moment at NBC studios may have flew under the radar for Muppet fans, but I find it part of the highlights of 2010 for us. I downloaded the two videos from msnbc.com about the "pipes". To me New York City is the spiritual home of the Muppets, least in the post Muppet show period til Jim's passing, and even a little after that. The Muppets have long had a New York feel to them, so its fitting we have the Muppet Whatnot Workshop and the NBC Muppet Pipes exhibit in the big apple.
Now if only they could bring back "Muppet Stuff", and bring more Muppety goodness to the area

dwayne1115

Reaction score
Yea it would be very interesting to know what Celebs are nerdy Muppet fans like Jason Segal and Jimmy Fallon.

GoboDeadly95

Reaction score
I HAVE MORE PROOF IT'S COMMING!
Kay . . . *pant* when Gobo, Wembly and I were in the Disney store this weekend we saw a Kermit waterbottle and 2 NEW MUPPET SHIRTS in the DISNEY STORE in Chicogo! It's comming! *dances*

Minstrel Murray

Reaction score
Just wanted to let you know I was in dowtown LA a couple of hours ago and saw the Muppets filming a scene. They had dressed the entrance of 453 Spring St to look like a division of the Los Angeles Police Department. It was a group scene with the characters exiting the building, most of them in black tuxedos. Gonzo wore his purple tux, and Piggy had a dark purple dress. Also there were Walter, Kermit, Fozzie, Animal, Sam, Scooter, Lew Zealand, a hatless Swedish Chef, the Newsman, and a rat (Rizzo?).

GoboDeadly95

Reaction score
Just wanted to let you know I was in dowtown LA a couple of hours ago and saw the Muppets filming a scene. They had dressed the entrance of 453 Spring St to look like a division of the Los Angeles Police Department. It was a group scene with the characters exiting the building, most of them in black tuxedos. Gonzo wore his purple tux, and Piggy had a dark purple dress. Also there were Walter, Kermit, Fozzie, Animal, Sam, Scooter, Lew Zealand, a hatless Swedish Chef, the Newsman, and a rat (Rizzo?).
Scooter? Scooter! SCOOOTERRRRR! :wink: :goes on a Scooter fan girl rampage:

Mupp

Reaction score
Very cool!
Thanks for letting us know. :smile:

Beauregard

Reaction score
This is awesome! Thanks for the update! *squeeeecitment!* I'm holding out for a Beauregard sighting (like THAT'S ever going to happen) (Hey, if Lew's there!) (Good point.) (But they always have loos at police stations) (What now?)

matleo

Reaction score
Just wanted to let you know I was in dowtown LA a couple of hours ago and saw the Muppets filming a scene. They had dressed the entrance of 453 Spring St to look like a division of the Los Angeles Police Department. It was a group scene with the characters exiting the building, most of them in black tuxedos. Gonzo wore his purple tux, and Piggy had a dark purple dress. Also there were Scooter, Lew Zealand .
Cool. Scooter and Lew. Two of my faves.

BobThePizzaBoy

Reaction score
Here is a Muppet news flash!

The release date has been moved up! Instead of coming out Christmas Day 2011, The Muppets will be released November 23, 2011. Yes, this is now Disney's big Turkey Day release. I knew Disney should have gone with Thanksgiving from the start for this movie and it seems they came to their senses. I can't wait!