New Muppets on Sesamstrasse

TotallySpiesFan

Reaction score
Here's an official update of Sesamstrasse's new Muppet characters, although it's in German only.

Außerdem ziehen zwei neue Muppets in die "Sesamstraße" ein: eine
alleinerziehende Mutter, Moni - von Beruf Fotografin und Journalistin - mit
ihrem süßen, zuweilen allerdings auch sehr vorwitzigen Baby Lena, das gern
alle Sesamstraßen-Bewohner auf Trapp hält.

Neu ist auch die gesamte Dekoration: In der Sesamstraße wird es künftig
zum Beispiel einen Spielplatz mit Schaukel und Sandkiste geben, auf dem nicht nur die Muppets, sondern auch Kinder spielen können. In den neuen Was-wäre-wenn-Geschichten können sich die Sesamstraßen-Bewohner in eine andere Welt hineinfantasieren.

Can someone translate this in English?

The Count

Staff member
Reaction score
OK... Tried my best with the translator at www.dictionary.com Wasn't complete, but here's what I could understand.
Two new Muppets: Moni a photographer (I think) and lady journalist, and Baby Lena. Couldn't understand what it said about her.
There'll be a playground area added to the set with swings and a sand crate (sandbox?) for the Muppets and children. The last of it, I think is that this playground area might serve as the set for fantasy stories with the cast like the area where stories took place back on SS USA.

Will send this to Muppet_dk and try to get a better translation.
Hope this helps.

Ernie101

Reaction score
The Count said:
OK... Tried my best with the translator at www.dictionary.com Wasn't complete, but here's what I could understand.
Two new Muppets: Moni a photographer (I think) and lady journalist, and Baby Lena. Couldn't understand what it said about her.
There'll be a playground area added to the set with swings and a sand crate (sandbox?) for the Muppets and children. The last of it, I think is that this playground area might serve as the set for fantasy stories with the cast like the area where stories took place back on SS USA.

Will send this to Muppet_dk and try to get a better translation.
Hope this helps.

Count, you rock!

That sounds so awesome.. I can't wait to catch those on my tivo.

The Count

Staff member
Reaction score
Hey guys... Got a reply from my trusted source regarding the new characters. Here's what he said...

The two new characters will be Moni, a single mother who's a photographer and journalist, along with her sweet yet ocassionally very funny baby Lena.
Hope this helps.

MuppetDude

Reaction score
Man, that photographer's eyes are creepy... :embarrassed:

And Count, here are the descripts:

MONI--a purple AM woman with big eyes w/ pink eyelids, a blue nose, black hair, and a short-sleeved green/pink-striped jacket and pink (or orange?) shirt.

BABY LENA--she appears to be the original Natasha puppet with pink feathery hair, blue nose, and pink eyelids.

The Count

Staff member
Reaction score
Thanks MD. Will add 'em after recalibrating the listings.
Yeah... Another headache sitdown checking the letters and production stats again.
Oh well...