New Muppets Interstitial Series on Disney Junior 2015

Status
Not open for further replies.

WalterLinz

Reaction score
I just saw this on an article a few months ago...well this oughta be interesting!:smile:

http://www.broadcastingcable.com/content/schmooze-october-6-2014/134550
http://www.broadcastingcable.com/si...mage/public/1001_06_Muppets.jpg?itok=nTly6_mq
Director/Muppet performer Bill Barretta (left) and Nancy Kanter, executive VP, original programming and general manager, Disney Junior; with Fozzie Bear, Kermit the Frog, The Great Gonzo and Miss Piggy on set at Soapbox Stages in Burbank, Calif on Sept. 24 during the filming of a new Disney Junior interstitial series starring The Muppets set to air in 2015. Credit: Disney Junior/Rick Rowell

muppetlover123

Reaction score
Hmmmm sounds interesting. Is it just me or does fozzies jaw look weird like off to the left side?

SpookyMania

Reaction score
Like muppetlover123 said, "Hmmmm..." I'm all for Muppets on TV again, but Disney Junior? Have people forgotten Sesame Street still exists?

KremlingWhatnot

Reaction score
Really, Disney Junior?
While I'm up for a new Muppet TV Show, I wish it wasn't going to Disney Junior, because this will just make the new generation (again) think Muppets are for little kids, although then again, it wouldn't have fitted on Disney Channel, it maybe could've fitted Disney XD since they're having the Crash Commando spin-off coming next year, but then again, maybe not.
I assuming Jim is probably rolling in his grave over this.

Mr Sweetums

Reaction score
This is just an interstitial series, meaning it's just a short series that is shown during commercial breaks, not a full length Muppet Show on Disney Junior..:stick_out_tongue:
That makes all the difference, now I think it's a great idea. Although the Muppets don't belong on Disney Junior that's where most of their new audience is located. Having them appear on Disney Junior is an excellent idea although a proper Muppet Show on Disney Junior (unless Muppet babies) is a terrible idea.

The way I see it the Muppets should be enjoyed by the whole family, although Muppets are for children a Muppets children show is not the way to go. You can also say the Muppets are for adults but a late night Muppet Show is also not the way to go... ABC Family :zany::smile::zany:

Muppet Master

Reaction score
No just no, come on Disney Junior, why, this is atrocious, I will watch it if it makes its way online, but come on the muppets are not junior, this is a disgrace to Jim Henson and his goals for the muppets, Jim did all he could so the muppets could be for all ages and now Disney Junior, shame on whoever decided the channel this would air.

Oscarfan

Reaction score
How dare they put the Muppet name out there?! For shame.

No just no, come on Disney Junior, why, this is atrocious, I will watch it if it makes its way online, but come on the muppets are not junior, this is a disgrace to Jim Henson and his goals for the muppets, Jim did all he could so the muppets could be for all ages and now Disney Junior, shame on whoever decided the channel this would air.
Every one of those "Play-Along" videos would disagree with you.

Muppet fan 123

Reaction score
I disagree with you for several reasons.
Would I rather the Muppets find a better station to have a interstitial series on? Definetly. Disney owns ABC, ESPN, Disney Channel and Disney XD. Why couldn't they put it on one of those.

As far as I'm concerned, the only Disney station that actually has interstitial series is Disney Junior (with the exception of the new Mickey Mouse shorts on Disney Channel), and there are far more bigger franchises Disney would be going after first.
Secondly, the fact that Disney is even putting the Muppets back on TV is something Muppet fans should be excited about. Disney is obviously looking into bringing the Muppets back to television full time and this is just a small part of a much larger plan. This series should be pretty awesome, and if it does well, Disney would probably be willing to move 'em to one of their bigger stations.

Last edited by a moderator:

WalterLinz

Reaction score
Secondly, the fact that Disney is even putting the Muppets back on TV is something Muppet fans should be excited about. Disney is obviously looking into bringing the Muppets back to television full time and this is just a small part of a much larger plan. This series should be pretty awesome, and if it does well, Disney would probably be willing to move 'em to one of their bigger stations.
You took those exact words right out of my mouth, Muppet Fan!!:smile:

Status
Not open for further replies.