New Muppet stuff at $1 stores & new wave of mall stuff!

beaker

Reaction score
Well well well...the new wave of Muppet stuff is really coming in. Though Ive given up on trying to find collector worthy Sesame stuff(those lucky Japanese, where they make Sesame stuff for older collectors!) I did find a whole new wave of Muppet goodness.

First up, go to your loca dolalr type stores. They just released a bunch of 2002 new logo Muppet coloring books. BEfore I even went through em I knew they would all be Treasure Island/Muppets tonight/Classic Fairytale retread(the calendars arent the only reruns this year) still for a buck man!

Now then, Hot Topic...which has to be one of my fave stores, has of course a bevy of new Muppet stuff. Heck I even got to talking to a new worker with an animal shirt who happens to be a hardcore Muppet fan(rare these days, i told him about MC)
They had all the new underwear(dont get me started on that tho), new shoelaces, new shirts, journal books, postcards, new everything. They continued to get new invader zim and 'japanese goth punk' hello kitty stuff, so I was distracted.

Next up, Sbarros has finally gotten the Bear in the Big Blue House
stuff with a nice display out front.

The Beaker playsets are now available at a lot of stores finally. Sadly those non exclusive Kermits and Piggy's are just peg warming. Sorry, but I really think these should have been made in lower quantities, since most people would want the cooler looking Teeth and Bunsen. Actually, EB and gamestop have both seemingly scaled wayyyy back on toys, with everything else in the marked down bin. I already see wave one TMS figures on discount, which is not good. (Though the obscure figures like teeth and bunsen are of course sold out)

Cl@ires just got in more of the fun-4-you Muppet plushes. These would be th emain five of kermit, piggy, gonzo, fozzie, and animal. As a side note, there seems to be a Cl@ires in a mall in
Kuwait...though I doubt theyd be carrying Miss Piggy:wink:

That's all from the Muppet collecting front. For more indepth coverage of Muppetshow/Sesame/and BEar stuff check out Tough Pigs main page and forum.

BlueFrackle

Reaction score
Cory,

What kinda Bear stuff is it ?

And what are teh Coloring books like ?

See ya

EmmyMik

Reaction score
I was in a Hot Topic yesterday, and their amount of Muppet stuff was disappointing. All that they had was the Muppets & Weezer shirt (none were my size), an Animal shirt (I didn't like it), and an Animal notebook thing. I didn't buy a thing (although I forgot to look for shoe laces. Drat!)...

beaker

Reaction score
Oh Emmy, ya would have loved it...they came out with a TON more Muppet shoelaces! They also finally got in the weezer Muppet shirt, and a bunch of other things. Its not a huge takeover like that Sponepoo Crappants, but its there!

EmmyMik

Reaction score
Well Muppet shoe laces would be great, because I am in need of shoe laces, and Muppet ones would be great (plus they'd go great with my Miss Piggy Shoe Lace clippy things that I have... somewhere).

But alas, the only Hot Topic that I know of is 30 minutes away...

EmmyMik

Reaction score
Originally posted by Janice & Mokey's Man
So drive, already!!

LOL!

:stick_out_tongue:
lol, well I would, but I have no idea how to get there!

Janice & Mokey's Man

Reaction score
So ask 'em directions, already!

LOL!!

Or just ask Jackie---man, that girl knows everything!

EmmyMik

Reaction score
Originally posted by Janice & Mokey's Man
Or just ask Jackie---man, that girl knows everything!
I know. She's very Trash Heap-like.

(I wonder if I get to be Philo or Gunge)