New Muppet Show Update?

BoyRaisin2

Reaction score
A sitcom would be cool, especially if it was set in the boarding house from MFS. It would be cool and a change of pace if we saw the Muppets just get into weird situations in this crazy house and not just putting on a show.

WiGgY

Reaction score
I'd like to see a combination of both. The muppets could be in the theater some of the time and in the boarding house some of the time. Though, I would like to see the muppets in the theater like the original muppet shopw, only updated like it was in the X-mas movie. Scooter finally got a head set. :big_grin:

I think when it comes to the new muppet show, it's best to stick with what worked in the past. Then if the show gains momentum, they can try out new things.

One more thing. I would assume that the new show will be set in the theater considering the muppet theater has been completely rebuilt. I don't think they will just throw that set away if they have a new show comming up.

And another thing, I'd like to see the show in wide screen. That would be interesting. Also, Rowlf should be brought back as long as bill can get into character. On the Weezer Making of clip he sounded weird and didn't seem in character, but i've heard that at Muppet fest he sounded good and was right on.

Ok, no more things.

Luke

Reaction score
Originally posted by WiGgY
I would assume that the new show will be set in the theater considering the muppet theater has been completely rebuilt. I don't think they will just throw that set away if they have a new show comming up.
It wasn't a set !

BlueFrackle

Reaction score
Luke,

You sure ?

There was a 'Barreta's' restaurant next door, Did anyone notice ?

see ya

Luke

Reaction score
I thought the interior was a real theater that just got customised a bit, i didn't think it was a set in a movie studio because they went so wide with the shots. Thats what somebody told me anyway but maybe they were wrong. Exterior i guess the close up shots where they went in was a mocked up Theatre front set as you say. The wide angle exterior shot used just to set the scene i have no idea about.

Beauregard

Reaction score
What are the chances of this thing being in the UK? (So I know nothing about television)

Luke

Reaction score
Originally posted by Beauregard
What are the chances of this thing being in the UK?
If it happens at all, pretty good. When the press reports broke about the original 'New Muppet Show' it was hinted that both major UK terrestrial broadcasters were interested - although it may well have just been spin.

Beauregard

Reaction score
Yeah, though on other thoughts we don't have a TV so I may have to wait till I visit Grandma to veiw the episodes once they have been made!!!

Drtooth

Reaction score
Originally posted by Luke
If it happens at all, pretty good. When the press reports broke about the original 'New Muppet Show' it was hinted that both major UK terrestrial broadcasters were interested - although it may well have just been spin.
Of course... the UK is the HOME of TMS! Why would you not get such a program, especially since, to my understaning, the UK just appreciate\s them more on the whole!

Kermielovah

Reaction score
The lastest flick

Is the Muppet Movie that was recently on TV (w/Joan Cuasck taking over the theater) coming out on a video or DVD any time soon? Taping it off TV just isn't the same by any means!

And a new Muppet Show would be awesome!:wink: