NEW Muppet Poster

Reevz1977

Reaction score
Seriously Disney...do you not know how cheap I am? ? ? Sorry folks but this really has upset me greatly:sympathy:

minor muppetz

Reaction score
Everybody says it's like one of the Toy Story 3 posters. To me, this is similar to the Letters to Santa cover.

Drtooth

Reaction score
dont loose sleep over it dude...
:sigh:
I know from which he comes from. He's been working on a photorealistic illustration that he tried to submit, but he got turned down because, and let's not forget this... anytime you send something to a company that owns it, it's unsolicited work. E.i. if you want to work on the Simpsons, DON'T write a sample Simpsons script.

And while that's the way things ARE done (not to mention a LOT of nepotism) I can't help side with Reeves, ONLY because they really don't seem to get posers anymore. I mean, they weren't wonderful to begin with...

I too miss illustrated posters. Imagine if they got that guy back to do a wonderful retro Muppet Movie poster? I mean, the movie has an 80's fixing stuff up montage, an 80's Robot... why not an 80's style poster?

I don't love it, but I don't hate it... I'd be glad to buy it for the collectible factor (I just greatly dislike Late 90's-present movie posters... all lame photo shoots with no emotion... and I don't just mean Muppet movies... everything looks that way now). It could be much much worse, but somehow, i think the first poster captured lightning in a bottle... they looked a lot more lively in that one.

Plus, I agree... it's a bit too much like the TS3 poster, jumbling up every character in the movie they can. It's still much better than those poorly Photoshopped puzzles and calendar shots we got, though.

But still... this poster IS still making me excited for this film.

Frogpuppeteer

Reaction score
well i for one love this poster..and already have my contact at the movie theater ordering me one or to extras when the come in

Drtooth

Reaction score
For those keeping score, here are the other Muppet movie posters...

Now for the most part, I think they all really look good (except I don't like how Piggy looks in the MTM poster), and the illustrated ones make the characters a LOT more lifelike than the posers ever would. But that's an artform that's completely lost now, and I think we all came to expect that.

Still, an illustrated retro-80's looking poster would have been great. The film makers want to capture the essence of the first 3, and it's a shame the studio wouldn't have done the same for the poster.

Though I wonder if this is the international one... it DOES say "coming to cinemas." No one on this side of the pond talks like that.