1. Welcome to the Muppet Central Forum!
    You are viewing our forum as a guest. Join our free community to post topics and start private conversations. Please contact us if you need help with registration or your account login.

2. Sesame Street Season 45
    Sesame Street's 45th season officially begins Monday September 15. After you see the new episodes, post here and let us know your thoughts.

3. "Muppets Most Wanted" Fan Reactions
    After you see "Muppets Most Wanted", read fan reactions and let us know your thoughts on the Muppets eighth theatrical film.

NEW Muppet Poster

Discussion in 'Muppet Headlines' started by bknatchbull, Jul 11, 2011.

1. bknatchbull

bknatchbull Well-Known Member

2. Slackbot

Slackbot Well-Known Member

Yay Photoshop!

Beaker's eyes kinda weird me out; he's the only one not looking straight ahead. Walter looks pretty big. And what is the thing running diagonally between Statler and Waldorf? It almost looks like an arm.
  3. TheMonsterAteMe

TheMonsterAteMe Active Member

We already have two variations of this poster as well![​IMG]
    [​IMG]
  4. dwayne1115

dwayne1115 Well-Known Member

i want these hanging in my house somewhere!
    Nick22 likes this.
  5. rowlfy662

rowlfy662 Active Member

very nice poor floyd getting left out :)
  6. TheMonsterAteMe

TheMonsterAteMe Active Member

I like the one that actually says "THE MUPPETS" better rather than the one with just the big M! I feel like Jim would be proud of the direction that this movie is going! :jim:
  7. a_Mickey_Muppet

a_Mickey_Muppet Well-Known Member

8. Walter

Walter Active Member

i wonder if these are at DHS yet?
  9. SSLFan

SSLFan Well-Known Member

Reminds me of the poster used for Toy Story 3, lol.
  10. Reevz1977

Reevz1977 Well-Known Member

I'm gonna sound like a broken record but I really don't like these. The posers look so lifeless. The reason the Drew Struzan posters worked so well is they made the characters seem animated and not just a collection of lifeless puppets. Disney should be pull out all the stops with the marketing of this movie in order to to appeal to a new audience used to a CG saturated marketplace and I feel this is a really poor effort and a missed opportunity!
  11. Reevz1977

And if anyone asks if I feel I could of done a better job...I gotta say "well yes actually"!
    scottishpiggy and frogboy4 like this.
  12. Reevz1977

AND WHY CAN'T ANYBODY POSE THE KERMIT POSER RIGHT? ? ? ? ? ! ! ! !
    scottishpiggy likes this.
  13. Reevz1977

Rant over
    scottishpiggy likes this.
  14. a_Mickey_Muppet

it reminds me way too much of the poster for Toy Story 3:fishy:
  15. Reevz1977

Seriously Disney...do you not know how cheap I am? ? ? Sorry folks but this really has upset me greatly:sympathy:
  16. a_Mickey_Muppet

dont loose sleep over it dude...
    :sigh:
  17. minor muppetz

minor muppetz Well-Known Member

Everybody says it's like one of the Toy Story 3 posters. To me, this is similar to the Letters to Santa cover.
  18. Drtooth

Drtooth Well-Known Member

I know from which he comes from. He's been working on a photorealistic illustration that he tried to submit, but he got turned down because, and let's not forget this... anytime you send something to a company that owns it, it's unsolicited work. E.i. if you want to work on the Simpsons, DON'T write a sample Simpsons script.

And while that's the way things ARE done (not to mention a LOT of nepotism) I can't help side with Reeves, ONLY because they really don't seem to get posers anymore. I mean, they weren't wonderful to begin with...

I too miss illustrated posters. Imagine if they got that guy back to do a wonderful retro Muppet Movie poster? I mean, the movie has an 80's fixing stuff up montage, an 80's Robot... why not an 80's style poster?

I don't love it, but I don't hate it... I'd be glad to buy it for the collectible factor (I just greatly dislike Late 90's-present movie posters... all lame photo shoots with no emotion... and I don't just mean Muppet movies... everything looks that way now). It could be much much worse, but somehow, i think the first poster captured lightning in a bottle... they looked a lot more lively in that one.

Plus, I agree... it's a bit too much like the TS3 poster, jumbling up every character in the movie they can. It's still much better than those poorly Photoshopped puzzles and calendar shots we got, though.

But still... this poster IS still making me excited for this film.
  19. Frogpuppeteer

Frogpuppeteer Well-Known Member

well i for one love this poster..and already have my contact at the movie theater ordering me one or to extras when the come in
  20. Drtooth

Drtooth Well-Known Member

For those keeping score, here are the other Muppet movie posters...

[​IMG]
    [​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]
    Now for the most part, I think they all really look good (except I don't like how Piggy looks in the MTM poster), and the illustrated ones make the characters a LOT more lifelike than the posers ever would. But that's an artform that's completely lost now, and I think we all came to expect that.

Still, an illustrated retro-80's looking poster would have been great. The film makers want to capture the essence of the first 3, and it's a shame the studio wouldn't have done the same for the poster.

Though I wonder if this is the international one... it DOES say "coming to cinemas." No one on this side of the pond talks like that.
    Beauregard likes this.