New Muppet Movie Viewing Parties

MrsPepper

Reaction score
Anyone plan on doing something full of epicosity for the new movie? I'm hoping to get a group of people together to go. However I doubt it's popular enough to get a midnight showing at the theatre in my neighbourhood, and if we just go to a regular show all dressed in green or something, we might get even stranger looks than usual. :wink: I don't know who I'll drag with me but I'll find someone...

Gonzo's Hobbit

Reaction score
I know that a friend of mine and I have been entertaining the idea of a Muppet Movie Marathon before the movie comes out or before we see it (does that count?) I don't know if I'll go see it opening night (partly because I have work at the unslightly hour of 4:30 in the morning).

See, I don't think wearing green would get you too many weird lookes, wear a pig nose and a wig and I think that might do it though.:mad:

beaker

Reaction score
I'm hoping heck freezes over and I find a cool Muppet digging girl to take on a date opening weekend, but overall I just want to go with people who are genuinely excited to go as I am otherwise I'd just go by myself.

I saw The Muppets Take Manhattan opening day, saw Muppet Treasure Island opening day and saw Muppets From Space opening day(missed MCC in theaters, and too young to see TMM or GMC) so this will be part of a grand tradition.

Sgt Floyd

Reaction score
I'm hoping heck freezes over and I find a cool Muppet digging girl to take on a date opening weekend, but overall I just want to go with people who are genuinely excited to go as I am otherwise I'd just go by myself.
And I'm hoping for a guy XD

I might convince my dad to go with me. It wouldn't be right to leave him behind considering he's the reason I like the muppets to begin with. If it comes to my local 5 dollar theater I might drag my friend to see it. I've always felt doofusy going to the movies alone :smirk:

I really dont know any muppet fans

newsmanfan

Reaction score
---------------------------
Planning an opening-night group of Muppaphiles all attending here in Tucson. Anxious to find out what theatre/show times will be...if there's a late showing I am absolutely there! Which reminds me...I need to go make that drawing for the t-shirt I plan to paint and wear... :news:
--------------------------

beaker

Reaction score
And I'm hoping for a guy XD

I might convince my dad to go with me. It wouldn't be right to leave him behind considering he's the reason I like the muppets to begin with. If it comes to my local 5 dollar theater I might drag my friend to see it. I've always felt doofusy going to the movies alone :smirk:

I really dont know any muppet fans
I guess I'm lucky to have a zealous rabid Muppet fan for a mom:flirt: Last time I was over she had a whole wall of Muppet ephemera and doodads. Also for some reason pretty much every theater near me is $5 on Tuesdays and $5 first showing of any film.

Now and then if Im wearing one of my Muppet shirts at a local show or somewhere, I'll run into other college aged girls who are muppet fans(just none are ever single, and are probably stuck with non muppet loving boyfriends)

redBoobergurl

Reaction score
It just so happens that the opening of the movie just about coincides with a kind of big birthday for me, so there will likely be an epic outing for the movie with my friends/family because they love me and it's the ultimate treat for said big birthday. There's a theatre in town we never go to because it's expensive but they actually have full service food and bar and comfy seats - my hope is that the movie will come there so we can really do it up big. We'll see what happens!