New Muppet movie in development for potential 2013 release

Status
Not open for further replies.

Walter

Reaction score
According to Walt Disney Pictures, Kermit and Miss Piggy just announced the new movie at Cinema Con and posted this on Twitter...

My question is..

Is that WALTERS hand!?! could this be a securing of his inclusion!?!:fanatic:

..or is it just animals..:halo:

Pinkflower7783

Reaction score
August is kind of a dead month for movies I can't really see them releasing it in August. Put it this way I'll be surprised if that happens.

Pinkflower7783

Reaction score
My question is..

Is that WALTERS hand!?! could this be a securing of his inclusion!?!:fanatic:

..or is it just animals..:halo:
It's Walters. I think Nick already established he's gonna play a significant role in the film.

Pinkflower7783

Reaction score
It was in a few of the articles posted on this thread so. But you're welcome. I had the same reaction as well but for Kermit and Piggy. LOL!

Drtooth

Reaction score
August is kind of a dead month for movies I can't really see them releasing it in August. Put it this way I'll be surprised if that happens.
Like I said. I'd MUCH rather wait until 2014 for a GOOD movie slot. If this thing's in August, they might as well just release it DTV and give it a budget of 50 bucks. The G.I. Joe movie was hurt by the August release... I don't think I know anyone that even remembers there was a G.I. Joe movie. I wouldn't unless Marshalls didn't keep clearing the toys out and restocking them.

They have a movie in June, they have one in July... they probably have one in May, but it's too crowded in May anyway. I'd rather wait a year to give it a good shot, instead of dumping it in the death month, and putting the Muppets in permanent mothballs because of it.

LouisTheOtter

Reaction score
It's cool that we have a logo for the new movie already. I can't wait for the release of The Muppets Peace!
I'll happily take "The Muppets Peace," as long as it doesn't have a cameo by Metta World Peace... :wink:

Seriously, though, I'm delighted Disney is already giving this such a push. I really hope, though, this is just a placeholder title and that they're not promoting it as an outright sequel to The Muppets. That movie (and its reception by audiences and critics) proved that we still love - and occasionally miss - these characters; this one should go a step further in proving that they can entertain us and make us laugh on their own, without having to pluck the nostalgia strings.

KermieBaby47

Reaction score
Look what happens when I'm not looking, a big announcement followed by two entire pages of comments! Lol.

Maybe "Another Muppet Movie" or "Another Muppet Caper", ala "Another 48 Hours"? I'm sure there were more "another" titled sequels, but what I'm saying is that would easily get rid of the "2" notion of the title... especially when "The Muppets" isn't a reboot, just another Muppet movie in a long line of Muppet movies. A "2" doesn't factor in at all.

But of course, like many are saying, this is just a placeholder title for the time being. I'm sure the real title will be announced as soon as they figure out what the end result/storyline actually is. :cool:

Drtooth

Reaction score
Look what happens when I'm not looking, a big announcement followed by two entire pages of comments! Lol.

Maybe "Another Muppet Movie" or "Another Muppet Caper", ala "Another 48 Hours"? I'm sure there were more "another" titled sequels, but what I'm saying is that would easily get rid of the "2" notion of the title... especially when "The Muppets" isn't a reboot, just another Muppet movie in a long line of Muppet movies. A "2" doesn't factor in at all.

But of course, like many are saying, this is just a placeholder title for the time being. I'm sure the real title will be announced as soon as they figure out what the end result/storyline actually is. :cool:
The Empire Strikes Back was once referred to as "Star Wars 2." That's all we need to know.

Everything in this process is just starting. We'll probably have a better title, and HOPEFULLY a solid release date to go with a well done script.

Status
Not open for further replies.