New Muppet comic Strip

muppetperson

Reaction score
I have an old Sept 1994 issue and it lists Disney Magazine Publishing Inc 500 South Buena Vista street,The Burbank Centre, Suite 100,Burbank CA 91521-6018 (818)973-4150, Fax (818)563-9344.For subscriptions and customer service (800)829-5146.Hope it is still current.Good luck.(By the way, I kept this issue because there is a Kermit interview in it on page 16, where Kermit is wearing what looks like a Roman empire outfit, He is King Midas).

Fozzie Bear

Reaction score
Does anyone have the contact details for the editorial team behind this? I'd love to find out more (I'm a comic book writer myself - Mirage's Tales of the TMNT and Titan UK's TMNT Comics mag)!
Hey there,
Do you know Jake Black? We just did the Superman Celebration in Metropolis, IL, and he was one of the guests there. He's a SUPERB writer, and a fantastic person. Also, that he is a big Blues Brothers fan makes me a little biased!

Anyway, reason I asked was that some of the Ninja Turtles prequel comics for the recent movie were written by him.

Fozzie Bear

Reaction score
(By the way, I kept this issue because there is a Kermit interview in it on page 16, where Kermit is wearing what looks like a Roman empire outfit, He is King Midas).
I'll bet it was for the video they put out with fairy tales on it. Muppet Classic Theater, I think was the name of it. I haven't seen it in years, but need to again.

Beauregard

Reaction score
I'll bet it was for the video they put out with fairy tales on it. Muppet Classic Theater, I think was the name of it. I haven't seen it in years, but need to again.
It was called Muppet Classic Theatre, and Kermit was indeed King Midis in that special (as well as the Mayor who doesn't believe the Gonzo who cried wolf...) I was slightly disappointed in this version of King Midis, though, because he turned himself gold rather than Miss Piggy. I'd have paid dearly for a golden Miss Piggy statue...

RKUNKLER

Reaction score
Has the August issue come out yet. Whenever i look for it all i see is the Comics Zone issue.

Beauregard

Reaction score
It is only June. Were we expecting the August issue already? *knows very little about comics and magazines, if that wasn't obvious*

muppetperson

Reaction score
It is july, and it comes out a month earlier to allow for Distribution so everywhere will have it by August.

Fozzie Bear

Reaction score
I was slightly disappointed in this version of King Midis, though, because he turned himself gold rather than Miss Piggy. I'd have paid dearly for a golden Miss Piggy statue...
Tell that to Master Replicas! :crazy:

Drtooth

Reaction score
I thumbed through a Disney Adventures' magazine yesterday and didnt' see it. It was even titled "Comic Zone," I think.

I'm eagerly awaiting this!
Did it have one side with Pirates of the Carabean and on the other side it had Ratatoullie? Yeah... that's last month's issue.