New Muppet Central Site Design

Janice & Mokey's Man

Reaction score
The Relaunch

Does this mean that when we now talk of the forum and site, we can refer to the time in which things took place as either "b.r." or "a.r."?

("before relaunch" and "after relaunch", respectively).

For instance, I came to MC in 1998 B.R., and my sister did in 2002 A.R.

:stick_out_tongue:

EmmyMik

Reaction score
Re: The Relaunch

Originally posted by Janice & Mokey's Man
Does this mean that when we now talk of the forum and site, we can refer to the time in which things took place as either "b.r." or "a.r."?

("before relaunch" and "after relaunch", respectively).

For instance, I came to MC in 1998 b.r., and my sister did in 2002 a.r.

:stick_out_tongue:
I usually like to make things in reference to *me*.

So you came here in 1998 BE (before Emmy). The year is 2002 Now (meaning, now. Since I'm here)...

Janice & Mokey's Man

Reaction score
Re: Re: The Relaunch

Originally posted by EmmyMik
I usually like to make things in reference to *me*.

So you came here in 1998 BE (before Emmy). The year is 2002 Now (meaning, now. Since I'm here)...
LOL!

How about SE---"Since Emmy"?

:big_grin:

EmmyMik

Reaction score
Re: Re: Re: The Relaunch

Originally posted by Janice & Mokey's Man
LOL!

How about SE---"Since Emmy"?

Yeah. That sounds much better.

Go with that.

sidcrowe

Reaction score
Congratulations to James and Phillip on designing and releasing the world's premier Jim Henson/Muppet website.

I have always said that Muppetcentral was the best website for fans of Jim Henson's work, and that was because the spirit within the website was imbued with love, respect and intelligence.

It was a happy accident that Muppetcentral also happened to be a technically better website that those produced by the Henson company itself.

Even if the current "official" Henson website wasn't both a mistake and an embarrassment, the "old" Muppetcentral could still have stood proudly next to it, for it was always a fine website nonetheless.

But with this...you have outdone yourselves!

The new Muppetcentral is a fierce demonstration of very hard work, talent and a devotion to Henson's work that is now peerless. It is amazing to note how private citizens with a desire to achieve can outclass others with tons of money to play with.

I am flabbergasted by the variety and depth of the new Muppetcentral.

Perhaps the highest compliment I can pay is that I feel somewhat guilty accessing a website of this stellar quality without paying money to do so.

You can all rest assured that both the Muppet artists we adore and the suits at the Henson company will be floored by the towering achievement that is Muppetcentral.

As well as pleasing the faithful, Muppetcentral will now most certainly influence the Henson company itself.

You should be rightfully proud. I and all other fans of Jim Henson's work are in your debt.

Thank you for a truly great job.

Congrats again.

BRAVO!

tygerbug

Reaction score
Amazing. You've got something for fans of everything.

anathema

Reaction score
For God's sake, get rid of the Flash (or at least provide some kind of alternative)! I didn't have it installed for a variety of very good reasons (indeed, there is no Flash plugin for one of the browsers I use), and I do not want to have to wade through it! It's making this otherwise excellent site completely unusable :-( There isn't even an 'error' message - I just get a blank screen if the plugin isn't installed.

frogboy4

Inactive Member
Reaction score
Sounds like you could be having trouble with the intro - some mac users have reported getting a black screen. For now check out this page: http://www.muppetcentral.com/frontpage.shtml Check and see if that works for you.

The intro will be up for one more day, but the Flash is here to stay for a while. We have no plans for an alternate version at this time. It is a widely used convention and we decided to go with the times. Muppet Central doesn't require the upgrade to Flash 6 at this time, version 5 is just fine.

Hope you are able to enjoy the months of work put into the site.
:smile: