1. Welcome to the Muppet Central Forum!
    You are viewing our forum as a guest. Join our free community to post topics and start private conversations. Please contact us if you need help with registration or your account login.

2. Sesame Street Season 45
    Sesame Street's 45th season officially begins Monday September 15. After you see the new episodes, post here and let us know your thoughts.

3. "Muppets Most Wanted" Fan Reactions
    After you see "Muppets Most Wanted", read fan reactions and let us know your thoughts on the Muppets eighth theatrical film.

New Muppet Central Site Design

Discussion in 'Feedback' started by Phillip, Sep 10, 2002.

1. Luke

Luke Active Member

Juliette,

All you need to do is enter the site at this link :- http://www.muppetcentral.com/frontpage.shtml

At the bottom of every page there is a text menu of links (Home, News, Collectibles etc etc) - just use those to get around the site and you'll be fine.

A 28.8 modem is fine for this kind of 'light' flash site - i am using a 33.6 right now and the stuff came up instantly.
  2. CheckChuck

CheckChuck New Member

Flash Complaints??!!?

Get Flash! Welcome to the 90's!

The Site looks incredible! It's much more professional and inviting too. Great timing with the increased Muppetdom going on with the figures, movies, dvd's, etc.

I'd love more ecards with photos in addition to the original drawing cards. That's my only remaining desire for MC.
  3. juliette

juliette New Member

Thanks very much, Luke. I tried it on my office machine, where I don't have Flash, and was able to access articles and things. The site really is attractive.

I haven't tried it at home yet but I hope you're right and it won't take any longer than the usual times. After all, when you have a 28.8, you don't expect instant gratification anyway!
  4. frogboy4

frogboy4 Inactive Member

The site is rather Flash-light, as Luke has suggested. Very few sites these days are designed for 28k modems, but I tried to be mindful and put in a loader for those with slower connection speeds.

It was tested at several connection speeds and though I wish it could be optimized more, it really is rather small. It's rather fast on a 56k and it's lightening on DSL and cable. Much quicker than Henson or Sesame sites

The main page, for example, is much more economical than it used to be. The buttons and header have been consolidated and it is virtually the same size as all the buttons and header were before the change.

I'm glad that the content can be seen by those without Flash and I am working to have the opening day intro removed soon. :)
  5. Ryan

Ryan New Member

Jamie Phil, you have outdone yourselves once again. I love the site. It's just too cool. Congrats on making the best Muppet site even better.;)
  6. Phillip

Phillip Administrator Staff Member

Intro has been removed. Hopefully things will be better for a few of our fellow Mac users who were having trouble with it.

By the way, on all of the menus if you click on the center "Muppet Central" logo it will take you back to our home page.
  7. AruggeRadio

AruggeRadio Member

Looking Great. Great job to all.
  8. towels

towels New Member

Re: Luke

It's like a slot machine...
    I've got three frogs...what do I win?
    :)

Nicely done. Hope I have sufficient flash at home... Now I just need the forum to cooperate and I'll be happy!
  9. Luke

Luke Active Member

I've finally hit the Penguin, i had to get through 3 doozer's and a joint Statler/Waldorf combination first though ! :D

I know what the secret is - unknown to even Phillip, Jamie has digitised a photo of himself and it comes up as a rare character in the arches. I saw it on like the hundredth refresh !
  10. Sunshineboz

Sunshineboz New Member

:( I miss the intro. on the main page. I just wanted to say again to all moderators, creators and maintainers...
    Good JOB! You keep us fans happy and I can't ask for anything more!

Now, can I have a muffin? :D
    *remembers I wouldn't "ask for anything more" and blushes*

Wonderful site, it comes up really fast on our T1 and on my 56K @ home. Virtual madness...love it!
  11. SNLIM

SNLIM New Member

the new design is absolutely awesome, i don't think that it could look better!
  12. Traveling Matt

Traveling Matt New Member

FANTASTIC job, Jamie!

The new design looks absolutely great :)

- Billy :cool:
  13. Kedrick

Kedrick New Member

Just wanted to chime in and continue with all the praise for the new look! The site design is very visually appealing and I've had no difficulty navigate about to the different sections.

Great work to all involved!!

Clint
  14. Fozzie Bear

Fozzie Bear Active Member

Phil and Jamie

This is a website of VERY heavy duty proportions...or something like that, but you get the jest of it! :)

TOO KEWL!

Now, I'm off to hit refresh til I see Fozzie Bear!

Refreshingly yours,
    FOZ
  15. towels

towels New Member

Gee, I got the penguin twice in only ten minutes of refreshing...
    and I never saw Statler without Waldorf (or vice versa).
    Actually, I don't think I saw Jamie either...maybe I'd better go spend another 10 minutes just hitting refresh...
  16. frogboy4

frogboy4 Inactive Member

LOL! Fun fact about the bar - Statler and Waldorf are the only linked characters. Heck, they had to be! I'd be worried to hear what they'd have to say if I didn't.

I hope to add a few more in the future, but we do have representations spanning Sam and Friends to Swamp Years. Thanx to BlueFrackle for submitting a few key pictures I badly needed.
  17. BlueFrackle

BlueFrackle Active Member

Jamie,

Yay for me !

LOL !

See ya
  18. beaker

beaker Well-Known Member

Phil...Jamie...I am in awe

I hadnt checked "Muppetcentral.com" minus the "/forum" Admittedly for a week. Then I decided to see what was new.

Holy 'insert word for pure astonishment'. This is exactly how I had always envisioned a Muppet site...just total eye candy, sweet layout, etc. The slot machine-esque refreshment of arches is insane...virtually ever sub group of Muppet and creature Shop is well represented...from the 'BIG 3" franchises of Muppet Show Sesame and Bear...to lesser known stuff. Even a penguin and Snowth or two is in there. Huge congrats...and I will say...

This site looks much better than ALL official JHC sites. Sorry JHC, but ya guys should hire this Jamie kid!

I now see a huge door opening for a new on par with Farscape magazine and Star Wars Insider glossy slick magazine to debut by next summer. I truly think if JHC wont roll out one, a few of us could be able to turn out something pretty darn close.

BTw...ALL THREE of my fave Muppets on ONE PAGE???
    Jamie!!! On the FAQ there is Beaker, Pepe, and Digit!!!
    You dont know how happyt hat made me to see all 3 of my fave Muppets on one toolbar opening...you guys are genuises!!!
  19. Jaga828

Jaga828 New Member

New Design

WOW!! Amazing job!! What a beautiful layout!! It's so well organized and user friendly. I hope the updated Muppet projects are as great as the new site design!
  20. Stulz

Stulz Member

website

Great looking site!!!

Great Job you guys!!!

Chris