1. Welcome to the Muppet Central Forum!
    You are viewing our forum as a guest. Join our free community to post topics and start private conversations. Please contact us if you need help with registration or your account login.

2. "Muppets Most Wanted" Fan Reactions
    After you see "Muppets Most Wanted", read fan reactions and let us know your thoughts on the Muppets eighth theatrical film.

3. "Muppets Most Wanted" Original Soundtrack
    With a new Muppet movie one of the most anticipated merchandise releases is the official soundtrack. Listen to the Muppets Most Wanted original soundtrack now playing on Muppet Central Radio.

New Muppet Central Site Design

Discussion in 'Feedback' started by Phillip, Sep 10, 2002.

1. Phillip Administrator

In the next hour or so, we'll be rolling out a total site relaunch with a new look and simplified site organization. This has been in the works since the beginning of the year and we're thrilled to finally be able to bring these updates to you.

One of the goals of this new site design is to keep the original "Muppet Show" vision and theme of the original site and expand upon those design elements. There will be some small flash menus at the top of each page. Jamie painstakingly designed these and he did a fabulous job. Many months of work went into these menus.

Also, currently on the front page there are 12 categories. With our new design there will be 8 categories. Reviews and Tributes have moved into Articles. For Sale has moved into Collectibles. Links and FAQ have moved into the new Help section. These changes will hopefully make more sense after you see the rollout.

Just wanted to give everyone a heads up as it's likely some of you will see the "old site" and the "new site" at the same time while I'm updating the entire site (more than 1200 pages).

We're looking forward to hearing your feedback on this exciting day!
  2. Skeeter Muppet Active Member

I'm trying to get into the site, and right now all I'm getting is the Flash introduction. Is that just a temporary thing (I hope)?
  3. Phillip Administrator

Yes it's just temporary until the updates are done in a few minutes.
  4. Luke Active Member

Phillip, Jamie

Wow - it looks excellent. The new design is top notch - i was never expecting themed displays for every area - they are all so fantastic (Electric Mayhem, Sesame, Pigs In Space and MTM ones are all breathtaking). That is just way cool and the graphics are top notch. Load time is pretty good too - i'm on a slow modem and although it took a few seconds for the individual characters to load in, the majority of it was there instantly.

Also more or less every page has been re-edited for the new style with new colors and a much more beefy design. That must have taken masses of work. It's cool you are now done with those frames so people can bookmark individual pages easier.

Anyway congrats all - very spoovy. Golden Muffins all round !
  5. matleo Active Member

Hey Phil/Jamie

Love the new design!!! Way cool!!! Haven't looked at all of it yet, but I will.

Phil, I had just sent you an e-mail regarding what Skeeter brought up whilst you and she were typing i here. You can disregard it. I didn't realise it was just an intriduction. realy nice work though gang.

--Matt
  6. BlueFrackle Active Member

Jamie,

Its Fantastic !

I love it, and so many Muppet Show Refrences !

You done a great job!

Congrats!

see ya
  7. Sunshineboz New Member

WOW,
    Jamie you rock! You need to be in the web design biz!!
    You sure have a great creative nitch and talent to make it come alive!
    Awesome and thanks for the "face lift"!
    -Michele
  8. Cantus Rock New Member

Very nice indeed...a bit scary for me though, not knowing it was about to be that way. :)

I had just posted another message when all of a sudden the characters start popping up. I thought I was going nuts! I think my exact words were "Holy christ what the h*ll is that?!?!"

But now that I've seen it, and my heart rate is slowing back to normal, I must say, nice job!!! :D

-Matt
  9. Phillip Administrator

Everything should now be on-line. Continue to give us feedback. There are lots of hidden extras if you look around.
  10. frogboy4 Inactive Member

Dear Muppet Central Members-

Work began on the site last winter and I am proud of the new look of Muppet Central. Phillip and I have been very careful to maintain the spirit of the site we know and love while bringing it up to date. We were also mindful to keep the feel of it very familiar for longtime users.

Each section is an environment inspired by a variety of Muppet projects and composed in a collage effect that is more than mere scanned imagery. Each piece was painstakingly painted in Photoshop and drafted in Flash. We went through many different variations over the past several months and I think we have gotten it about right. Much thought and consideration went into maintaining the integrity of the source material while keeping it fresh and interesting. This was a rather daunting task.

Though the site has been launched the work is not over. There will be some improvements made here and there. Expect some future upgrades and additional material as well. I intend for things to evolve and change - to keep things fun for all the members of Muppet Central!

Sincerely,

James V. Carroll
  11. MuppetQuilter Member

Great Job!!

Everything looks terrific! Jamie, you really put in a lot of hard work and it shows! :D
  12. Foreignman New Member

Wow! This looks so amazingly great, I mean, it's not just the best muppet website anymore, I'd go as far as to say this is one of the best websites out there. A true example of what a website should and could be. Congragulations and thank you Jamie, Phil, Cindy, and anyone else who was involved in the creation of the updated site, I'm blown away.
  13. Luke Active Member

Yeah there are lots of new bits - Cindy's review of the new Muppet CD, a news piece from DW on Farscape.

I gotta say, glad to see you did the random Muppet character coding for the main page Jamie - there are so many great characters that could pop up at any time - I've seen a Hoob in there already, and boy am i hoping for a Penguin !

I love the idea of the MC Radio/Muppet CD contest - it's a great concept and will have everyone listening - the only thing though is i thought they play out in random order so couldn't the song of the day get played more than a few times, and have different songs playout after it ? I guess you've probably got that figured, and good to see that only one person per household can win a CD over the duration of the contest - that leaves a lot of opportunity for everyone.
  14. Ol' Buddy Bert New Member

Phil, Cindy and all the other MC staff,

Congratulations on a job that has gone totally beyond what we ever expected. The site looks incredible. It's not just your typical functional web-site but there's a lot of love invested in what you have done.

I can't wait to explore the site all over again!

warm regards,
  15. SFPepe New Member

Great Job Guys!!!

Jamie...... you rock!!!!!!!!
  16. kansasteen14 New Member

Great Job EVERYONE;)
  17. MuppetDanny Well-Known Member

:eek: Amazing :eek:

Great stuff guys

MuppetDanny
  18. frogboy4 Inactive Member

Thanx for all your kind words of support. We worked very hard on this and there will be more cool stuff to come. It's only getting better!;)
  19. Luke Active Member

One thing that might be a good addition is to re-add the 'Listen Now' button/link for 'Muppet Central Radio' onto the main page - it helps to have it one click from first entering the site to the point where you are actually listening to it.
  20. Phillip Administrator

Luke,

Thanks for the input on the radio button. Up until yesterday it was on the sidebar on every page. For a variety of reasons it was removed. I was meaning to add a link directly though on the home page which I just did.