New movies coming out...

beaker&bunsen

Reaction score
ladykillers

Just a quick mention, The Ladykillers is a remake of an old movie called The Ladykillers which starred ALec Guiness and Peter Sellers. Some movies which have been remade are: Vanilla Sky - orginally a Spanish film made 2 years before called 'Open your eyes', Solaris with George Clooney is a remake of the 1970s movie Solaris which was directed by Andrei Tarkovsky etc....

Beauregard

Reaction score
beaker&bunsen said:
If any of you have seen the Manchurian Candidate with Frank Sinatra you will be astounded and disgusted to find that they are remaking this wonderful classic that revolves around Government brainwashing and a sniper etc... Wonderful, brilliant movie of it's time. Anyways, they are remaking it with Denzel Washington (as Frank Sinatra) and it takes place in the Gulf War. Last time I checked Manchuria was no way near Iraq. Stupid Hollywood, I swear that they have a list of great movies that they are going to remake. Blegh... Already in the making: Goonies 2, Willy Wonka and the Chocolate Factory (Tim Burton, so he should be able to do a great job on it, compared to any other director), Alien vs. Predetor etc.... And you can't forget about the silly sequels such as Scooby Doo 2, Scary Movie 3 etc.... Hollywood is pathetic. They come out with a couple of good movies, but everything else is crap and most of the actors can't act...Sorry for the rant
Scooby 2 looks better than one.

Beauregard

Reaction score
Yo. And I think it's less likely that my parents will think they are demons too...like they did with the first...

__

Likey-lesser demon parents, notinu, first didilopers.

ryhoyarbie

Reaction score
okay, i saw hidalgo last weekend. it was pretty good, but not great. it was kind of like seabiscuit mixed in with the mummy movies in a way. probably worth seeing on dvd than paying 6 bucks at the theater. also, i kind of thought viggo was a little cheezy in the movie. but oh well.

i also saw this weekend secrete window with johnny depp. depp did good in this movie, but it ws really predictable. by the first hour i knew who the killer was. but i won't spoil it for those of you who are going to see it. the ending however is one of the strangest i've ever seen. kind of made a bad taste in my mouth.

i also got around in seeing spartan with val likmer. it's a movie to where you need to pay close antention to with not only the characters but the story too. by the time they got to the ending, i was like "this is the ending!!!???" the conclusion was so so. but val was good as the army/special operative who tried to find the missing girl.

ryan

Whatever

Reaction score
I really really really want to see "Good-bye, Lenin", which has finally been released in the USA. It is such a funny movie with an awesome script, very informative about former East Germany and so sweet! I love how Alex wants to take care of his mother and how much he loves her! Katrin Sass is a fabulous actress! I recomend this movie for everyone!
http://www.rottentomatoes.com/m/GoodByeLenin-1129584

Drtooth

Reaction score
Beauregard said:
Scooby 2 looks better than one.
Welll... Scooby Doo 1 stuck it to that annoying Scrappy.

I mean, Scooby Doo wasn't that great of a cartoon to begin with. I like it, but it's just teenagers chacing ghosts with music in the back ground, and they have a vartient every so often (like they become kids, or they team up with a celebrity...) I like it and all, but it just seemed like they got lucky with it.

Kamit

Reaction score
I'm a happy fan-girl! The premiere of Spider-Man 2 is being moved up from July 2nd to June 30th. Which means I don't have to miss the premiere on account of being in Little Shop Of Horrors!

Hurray!

Don'tLiveonMoon

Reaction score
Ooh, you're in "Little Shop of Horrors"? Cool! I just saw that at my old college last night. It was terrific! I've only been to a premiere once, for "The Phantom Menace," and that happened kinda by accident. I really wanted to go to the three LOTR premieres, but it just didn't happen...
Erin

AndyWan Kenobi

Reaction score
The last two movies I went to were very good. We saw "Eternal Sunshine of the Spotless Mind" a week ago, and it was tremendous. Last night we saw "The Ladykillers," which was very weird, but funny! Tom Hanks was so bizzarre!