New movies coming out...

Don'tLiveonMoon

Reaction score
The Ladykillers. :cool: Yeah, that movie intrigue me, and generally speaking I love any movie Tom Hanks is in.
Erin

sarah_yzma

Reaction score
so, did anyone ever catch Welcome to Mooseport? we were thinking of seeing this this week (me, dad, and brother) but mom says she thinks it looks stupid....

sarah_yzma

Reaction score
ooh forgot to mention, Ladykillers looks good to me, as well!

Jennifer12

Reaction score
Yahoo movies has a new trailer up for Troy. My mouth is watering already...

Jen

AndyWan Kenobi

Reaction score
Don'tLiveonMoon said:
The Ladykillers. :cool: Yeah, that movie intrigue me, and generally speaking I love any movie Tom Hanks is in.
Erin
Me too. I really want to see The Ladykillers, and I'm also intrigued by the ads for The Eternal Sunshine of the Spotless Mind.

Don'tLiveonMoon

Reaction score
AndyWan Kenobi said:
Me too. I really want to see The Ladykillers, and I'm also intrigued by the ads for The Eternal Sunshine of the Spotless Mind.
Yeah, that looks like an interesting movie too. I like Jim Carrey more and more as he's branched out into mellower roles a step removed from the madcap zaniness of stuff like "Ace Ventura" and "Dumb and Dumber." I found him a bit much to handle in those types of roles, but I really like him when he comes across as just a decent guy with a bit of a goofy streak. I loved him in "The Majestic" and "Bruce Almighty," but my favorite role of his was probably in "The Truman Show." Quite a change from the manic pace of everything I'd seen him in up until then. Of course, this is also Elijah's first post-LOTR movie, so that should be interesting. I'm seeing LOTRers in all sorts of movies now. "Hidalgo" is the one I'm most interested in seeing, "Seed of Chucky" the least. (Sorry, Billy!!!!) :stick_out_tongue:
Erin

Party_Animal

Reaction score
The movies I would most like to see would be Hidalgo, Eternal sunshine of the Spotless Mind, Harry Potter and the Prizioner of Azkaban,Secret Window, and Van Helsing which looks pretty cool plus David Wenham is in it. :flirt: The movies I'd least like to see would be Starsky & Hutch (sorry , but it looks stupid to me, and I don't like Ben Stiller or Owen Wilson), and probably Seed of Chucky.

AndyWan Kenobi

Reaction score
Yeah, Jim Carrey fascinates me. What I love is that he takes chances. I like him in broad comedy roles, but I always like him in other parts as well. I thought he was terrific in "Man on the Moon." My favorite straight-up comedy work that he's done is still "Dumb and Dumber"--I don't know why, but I love that movie. I think my favorite of his movies altogether, though, is "The Truman Show"--a brilliant movie, and he was perfect.

Beebers

Reaction score
check out www.newyorkpostonlineedition page six re: Hidalgo.

that is not working well - in google window, type New York Post Online Edition. When you get the front page, on the right look for Page Six, click on that, it's the first Page Six article. Tried to cut/paste it here but it didn't work lol.

:cool:

beaker&bunsen

Reaction score
Manchurian Candidate

If any of you have seen the Manchurian Candidate with Frank Sinatra you will be astounded and disgusted to find that they are remaking this wonderful classic that revolves around Government brainwashing and a sniper etc... Wonderful, brilliant movie of it's time. Anyways, they are remaking it with Denzel Washington (as Frank Sinatra) and it takes place in the Gulf War. Last time I checked Manchuria was no way near Iraq. Stupid Hollywood, I swear that they have a list of great movies that they are going to remake. Blegh... Already in the making: Goonies 2, Willy Wonka and the Chocolate Factory (Tim Burton, so he should be able to do a great job on it, compared to any other director), Alien vs. Predetor etc.... And you can't forget about the silly sequels such as Scooby Doo 2, Scary Movie 3 etc.... Hollywood is pathetic. They come out with a couple of good movies, but everything else is crap and most of the actors can't act...Sorry for the rant