New Mickey Mouse Shorts Annouced

mr3urious

Reaction score

MuppetSpot

Reaction score
Mickey's going to be getting a new preschool series in 2017 called Mickey and the Roadster Racers, which I'm worried about. Hopefully it won't be a Dora clone like the last series, and that it won't succeed the shorts aimed at older kids. And at least the animation looks better with Mickey's ears always facing the screen.

http://blogs.indiewire.com/animatio...key-and-the-roadster-racers-for-2017-20150408

I wish Disney didn't market Mickey as a preschool icon, oh well.

Drtooth

Reaction score
Mickey's going to be getting a new preschool series in 2017 called Mickey and the Roadster Racers, which I'm worried about. Hopefully it won't be a Dora clone like the last series, and that it won't succeed the shorts aimed at older kids. And at least the animation looks better with Mickey's ears always facing the screen.
I have more faith in Disney with their preschool shows. Seems they've completely turned that dreadful corner of MMC and My Friends Tigger and Pooh (which was frankly, worse considering) with Miles from Tomorrowland, Doc McStuffins, and that cowboy series among others. Nick Jr still frustratingly forces the Dora model in some of its shows, and it's a shame because some of them actually aren't bad. I'm very disappointed that the thing about Mer-children does it as does the Monster Truck thing (caught a minute or two of them... Guy who played Uncle Ted in Bobby's World plays a fish in the mer-kid one). They're otherwise kinda cute and fun. Seems that Nick's the only company that even bothers with that anymore since even PBS shows dropped it with Super Why just hanging around somehow.

You wanna know the sad thing about Mickey Clubhouse? It brought Mickey back into the mainstream after years of relentless Pooh marketing. And it even took some fairly obscure characters with him like Clarabelle Cow and Ludwig VonDrake, even giving them some of their first physical merchandise in some cases. And sadly, in a way greater (pejoratively, not quality wise) than House of Mouse did. I HATED that show didn't air in my area because of my local ABC affiliate cutting to terrible local programming at that hour. But I saw a mark rise in Mickey and Co merchandise since the show premiered. Pete got a Pez dispenser! I'd venture to say that because of that preschool show that someone said "we need to get Mickey away from this sort of thing" and that lead to these very shorts. So I begrudgingly have to say that MMCH was a good thing, at least in terms of reintroducing the characters to younger audiences.

But back to Mickey in a racing cartoon. I'm actually surprised they didn't just have Pixar sign over the characters of Cars to be a preschool series, rather than a series of shorts. Come to think of it, much as I despise Planes as a movie, I'm surprised they didn't just make it a preschool series. It would actually work as one.

mr3urious

Reaction score
muppetspot2 said:
I'd say if the Muppet Moments preschool series can co-exist with the upcoming Muppets series on ABC, then maybe Roadster Racers can co-exist with the Disney Channel's Mickey shorts.

Also, this thread needs to be re-titled.