New Members: Please Post and Introduce Yourself

NotEZbeingGreen

Reaction score
ummm....meep? meep?

:smile: Hello, Kermit the Frog here...Hi peoples, new here thought I would say hi to all of ya.

I am a collector and looking for info, so found this forum and though whoa cool!

So here I am, please be gentle, it's hard enough being green as it is. nyuk nyuk :halo:

Ilikemuppets

Reaction score
Hello Everyone,
I got introduced to Elmo and Sesame Street in 2002. We brought our 22 month old baby home from China and she could not speak a word of English. Sesame Street and my favorite Elmo's sweet sing song voice helped her learn! I am older and Sesame Street was not around when I grew up. Our daughter was a little afraid of "The Count" in the beginning and then learned to count her numbers.

Our daughter is now 7 1/2 and she still LOVES to watch Sesame Street. I am a web designer and made the Muppets Checks Store selling ALL the Muppets and Sesame Street bank checks
http://muppetschecks.com

Li Li's Mom
Southern California
Hi nice to meet you and what a great story about Sesame street!:smile:

DJHart54

Reaction score
I remember first hearing about Sesame Street while working at Montgomery Wards in Lynwood, CA in 1976, the same year I married my wife, Pam. I still own a copy of The Art of the Muppets, a book which inspired me to create and present my own cast of swamp characters which star in my productions. The connection for me is when I see the faces of little children who begin to interact with the puppets as if they were alive - that's priceless. Thanks to Jim Henson and all of his creative crew for so many years of wonderful inspiration and service.

KGIII

Reaction score
I have known the Sesame Street characters and the Muppet Show for as long as I can remember. I'm actually a closet Fraggle Rock fan. I actually only joined this site so that I could answer someone's question in another thread but I then discovered it was moderated so it wasn't posted immediately I guess. I'm not too worried about it though, I just figured I'd help them out with some information. (I found a video after a very long search, most of which was figuring out the search terms, and in the process of searching I had bumped into their thread so I went back and answered it for them even though it was an older question.)

ngreen522

Reaction score
Hi, I'm Nia

okay, here's my official introduction

About 2 months ago, I bought MTM for my son, cuz I remember how I loved it as a kid. Apparently, I still LOVE it! In fact, love it even more, cause I now understand a lot of the jokes that went over my head. So After watching it about 500 times, I graduated to buying The Muppet Show, Season 1. LOVED IT! ( as a kid, I never watched it. I was more into muppetbabies) So, here we are, 2 months later, and I now own Seasons 1,2,3 and every muppet movie (except Christmas Carol, I think). I'm always on Ebay, buying Kermit stuff and now I'm on the Forum. My friends don't understand :sympathy: so I have to keep some things to myself. But that's fine. I'm glad there are other fanatics like me out there. I think my love for the muppets stems from a desire for TV to return to what used to be good, wholsome family fun. :attitude:

Beauregard

Reaction score
Hey there Green N! I noticed you were also enjoying the new YouTube vids! There's a lot of Muppet excitment going around at the moment! I'm delighted to meet you!