New Members: Please Post and Introduce Yourself

feltling

Reaction score
Hellooo to all! I am new here....I am also new to puppetEERING world...I loved puppets all my life though and have been making them for the last two years and not really known it till now...I did my first bunch a shows early this year (Xero n SpaceJunk9)black light puppet show,involving a spaceship, an alien and a prolonged toilet break...Um....i also play harp...um..i am here to meet other puppeteers and am also delving into the world of making puppets,quite intensley and figured this forum must be full of inspiration...so HIII!not sure if my avatar worked but its a pic of Ingil,one of my feltlins...

evansmum

Reaction score
hello! new here, too! As a new first time mom, I have recently renewed my love & interest for sesame street and the muppets. hi all!

feltling

Reaction score
Ooh. nice puppet you have in you're avatar! Welcome!:smile:
thanx..i remember that 1st iceblock tooooo..yummy....So...this site is phantastic...I am pleasantly impressed..It has loads of info and i was having trouble with hands until i found this site...I am about to start a new puppet(non felt) so it is exciting..thx for the reply
:sympathy:
I loved Rowlf...he knew da bluuuuuuuues!

Reaction score
Hello!

I'm new to this forum, but I watched the Muppet Show since I was very little (I'm now 33).

When I was in Jr. High, for some reason I watched the Muppet Movie every day on Laser Disc when I got home from school. I looked for a muppet -related podcast, and found Steve Swanson's Muppetcast, and came here because of it. I'm now almost through all of his podcasts, although it's been months since I started listening. Anyway, this forum is a little large and intimidating, but I'd like to become a member.

Ever since 1992, I've had a character that answered questions from people on the computer. Ask Emmett started as a thread on Spiffdom, which was an Apple IIgs-based BBS. For those of you that don't remember, a BBS (Bulletin-Board System) is like a forum, but you call in to a person's computer with your modem, so only one person could call in and check threads at a time. Anyway, about a month ago I decided to crack into puppeteering myself, since I already had this character that's been giving off-the-wall answers to questions for 16 years. I've had only a small viewership of friends and relatives. It started out kind of lame, but I think it gets a lot better with every show. I'm hoping that some of the more professional people out there can give me pointers.

Ilikemuppets

Reaction score
thanx..i remember that 1st iceblock tooooo..yummy....So...this site is phantastic...I am pleasantly impressed..It has loads of info and i was having trouble with hands until i found this site...I am about to start a new puppet(non felt) so it is exciting..thx for the reply
:sympathy:
I loved Rowlf...he knew da bluuuuuuuues!
He also knew how to bark... I think.:confused: