New Members: Please Post and Introduce Yourself

KelseyPotter

Reaction score
Hello! *waves*

I found this website kind of by accident, and I decided, what the hey, I'll stick around. Anyway, I'm a college student majoring in Creative Writing with a minor in Music and Criminal Justice, with aspirations of being a lawyer. (My chorus teacher jokes that I can sing my statements to the jury!)

I've been a closet Muppet fan since I was about two and used to watch Sesame Street and Fraggle Rock all the time. Now that I'm in college, I have discovered that my roommate and the two other people I spend the majority of my time with are also Muppets junkies; we've been steadily eating through the first season of The Muppet Show whenever we get the time/remember (we're halfway through the third disc now), we plan to watch Dark Crystal sometime this week because one of my friends has never seen it (*shockgasphorrorfaint*) and at some point we're going to watch Labyrinth because my roommate has never seen it (see previous paranthetical notation, then add more emphasis). Once we've finished that...and my mother has actually watched Season 2...we're going to watch that as well.

We plan to see the new Dark Crystal movie just to say we saw it, but we're not sure we'll like it; we plan to see the Fraggle Rock movie too, just because it's Fraggle Rock. I mean, seriously, it's FRAGGLE ROCK. It's, like, a staple of our childhoods (yeah, okay, so we're not even twenty yet, so sue us (not literally)). I like The Muppet Movie and Muppet Christmas Carol, and what I've seen of Muppet Treasure Island (the tape we borrowed from the library was wearing out). I also LOVE John Denver and the Muppets: A Christmas Together, and I have been informed that this Christmas I will be watching Emmet Otter's Jugband Christmas with my aforementioned friends. I haven't seen any of the other Muppet movies, but, to quote Hilda, I "categorically, absolutely refuse" to watch Muppets From Space, only because I have been told that they redid my favourite song from The Muppet Movie ("I'm Going to Go Back There Someday"), and I don't think it needed to be redone.

Yikes, I didn't intend to write a novel. Um...hi.

Pork

Reaction score
Welcome to Muppet Central Kelsey, Glad to make your acquaintence. It sounds like you'll get along really well with all of us Crazy Muppet Fans round these parts.

The Count

Staff member
Reaction score
Hi Kelsey... The remake of that song was only for the MFS soundtrack, I don't think it shows up in the movie at all... But you can ask Prawny, oh sorry, the foroum member known as theprawncracker.
If music's what you're looking for, then stop by the "Lots of MUP3s" thread where our guys can pretty much whip up a copy of any Muppet song and send it to your online addy.
If you like creative writing... Ho boy, are you ever in the right place. Just LMK via PM if you'd be interested, and I can get you a reading list of some of the more long-standing writers' titles in the fanfiction section. Some are serials and should be read in order, others you can jump into from the start and catch up with the latest updates.
There's also the Games section where you can play with other peoples after reading up on the rules... Though if you want in on the dorms, I suggest you contact me first too.
Check out the "Muppet Central Dictionary" thread for common terms we've coined in the years of posting at this place.
Make sure the Emmett Otter you get is the version with Kermit in it... And hope you're able to find FR Season 3 and Sesame Old School Volume 2.

Hope you have a fun time here and welcome to Muppet Central.

jedchase

Reaction score
I love them and need help.

I grew up with them, my parents always made sure I got to watch them. I posted a question on The Count or something. Anyway, I have been going crazy because a younger brother threw me for a loop last week and wanted to know what the name of Gonzo's baby was. I kept thinking of Little Gonzo on the babies, which I never really watched. I remember gonzo having the hots for camille on the original show. But I never have been able to figure it out. If anyone can help me with info, I would appreciate it. I love the original show and have been buying them on dvds to replace the few old vhs's I had with my parents. Thanks for the help in advance and keep laughing!

jedchase@aol.com or jedchase@gmail.com

hsso

Reaction score
Hello Love this site

Hello all I am so happy that there are others like me who love the Muppets. My daughter loves them too. She is currently saving all of her coins and found cans to get enought money together to buy more muppet show dvd's. We both have our favorate muppets....mine is :rolleyes: and hers is :halo: LOL we love those Muppets. I have been known to put in a muppet movie or show to the dvd player to try to settle my daughter down and get her to stay in one place long enough for me to do some household chores. I usually can't help myself and watch them with her and let the chores slide. LOL However, one of my favorate muppet movies is a special that the muppets and john denver did together (John Denver adn the Muppets a christmas together) I can only find the soundtrack and not the DVD. Where would I find the DVD? I have been looking for this DVD for years and to no avail. I love watching the old shows with my daughter. So bitter sweet. OK so that is who I am and I am glad to meet you all. I hope to hear from you all soon and I will be around quite abit to get the latest info on what is happening in the world of Muppet!

Pork

Reaction score
Great to meet you hsso. I'm Pork. I'm sure you will fit in just fine with all our Muppet Craziness on this forum. WELCOME.

hsso

Reaction score
Pork thanks for your welcome note. I have never done this forum chat thing. I'm a little lost but I will find my way. I love reading all of your notes. Thanks for the laughs. Talk to you all later

Nasha

Reaction score
The New Girl

Hellooo Everybodie!

Im Nasha. I grew up watching the Muppet Show (repeats, im only 22) and fed my new found addiction by buying (all) the seasons on DVD.

Fav charrie : Dr. Teeth and The Electric Mayhem Band (Im a musican myself), Statler and Waldorf, and Gonzo.

I think my favorite Henson movie is Muppet Treasure Island (sometimes its Labyrinth...depends on my mood).

I love the Muppet b/c they bring me back (I feel old now) and I know every sunday night my family would watch it together (insert "awwws" here).

Soo...yeah, im glad I found this place.
-Nasha