New member says "Hi Ho"

doctort13

Reaction score
Greetings all,
I just joined the MCF today, and love it!

My name is t3rry (well t3rrence) and I have been a Muppet nut since first seeing Sesame Street in 1969. In the early 70's my father took me to a puppetry convention in Boston, MA where I met Carroll Spinney and the original orange Oscar the Grouch. Shortly after that I enrolled in a puppetry class at the YMCA and wrote my first puppet play "Snowey Baby and the 7 hippies" -keep in mind it was the 70's and I was around 8 or 9 years old.

Now that I am a "adult" in my late 30's I have finally become aware that I must become a puppeteer. I have written a few skits, and sketched out many puppet character designs...the next step is to build the "cast" of my puppet troupe The Wump Mucket Puppets. You can be certain that photos will get posted in the forum as the troupe comes to "life".

I am a member of Puppeteers of America and the Cincinnati Area Puppetry Guild, where I edit the guild's newsletter.

Let's see...anything else you should care to know? In addition to Muppets & puppets (and Gumby!) I love sci-fi, comic books, many different styles of music, and I am a vegetarian with long hair that is starting to show a bit of gray.

Puppet Power!:big_grin:

MuppetQuilter

Reaction score
Hello and welcome!

You'll find a number of puppeteers around here. Including the occasional visit from Muppeteers.

Will the Wump Mucket Puppets be foam puppets?

Look around, make yourself comfortable and share your thoughts!

Ol' Buddy Bert

Reaction score
Hi Terrence,

Thanks for sharing your story and welcome to the forum!

doctort13

Reaction score
Wump Mucket stuff

I will experiment with foam and see how it works. I have purchased some cool blue material for my first character, Cyril -a sea monster.
I am not very good with the sewing machine yet, and luckily my wife is. So once the prototype is complete I will post some photos. I do have some concept drawings of Cyril, but no scanner to zap them onto the web! If I find I way, you can be sure that I'll share the drawings with all of you friendly muppet-folk.