New Kingdom Hearts ideas

meepmuppaphones

Reaction score
Hey,
This is a thread where we could discuss new ideas for the Kingdom Hearts series of games(not that I have a connection to Square Enix or something but like stuff that we could just think about like a 'what if' type scenario.). Also, Muppets in general is sorta owned by Disney now so you could make a whole idea about a Muppet world(I've done that, via the "Is it time for a good Muppets game" forum thread, with members Yuna Leonhart, RedPiggy, and Nasubionna. It's a pretty good idea we've put together, so check it out).

meepmuppaphones

Reaction score
Previous discussion in the "Is it time for a good Muppets video game?" thread...

I dont' know if Muppet Party Cruise is Wii or GameCube compatible.... I only have it for the PS2, which works for me! I've been wanting to get Muppet Race Mania, but am unsure if it is backwards compatible (from PS1 to PS2).... does anyone know?

ALSO: WHOA, I just had an amazing (to me, at least, haha!) idea! They should make a Muppet-themed world for the next Kingdom Hearts installment.... since Disney owns the Muppets now, it should totally count! It could get the Muppet-interest piqued in a whole 'nother demographic (like it brought "Tron" back to life). Though naturally I would prefer a full-fledged awesome Muppet video game, I love the Kingdom Hearts games and it would rock my world to have a Muppet world (imagine, fighting the Heartless side by side with Kermit...).

I second that! It would be so cool to have a Muppet themed world, although I can kind of imagine it to be a minigame world, probably replacing 100 Acre Wood. But I guess a real world, where you have to fight Heartless, Nobodies and whatever there is, could work, if done correctly. I wonder how the world specific Heartless would look like:big_grin:

And is it bad that I wish for a game of the RPG genre? It just happens that I like RPGs the best, so yeah... I would like to see something similar to Final Fantasy or Star Ocean. But not too similar, rather with original ideas.

That would be nice... Maybe the world plot will be

Sora and his friends enter the Muppet Theater (the world) and when they look around, they run into Muppet Heartless. When they find Kermit, he explains that the Theater had been overrun by Heartless and many Muppets have been captured or possesed by Heartless (maybe there could be a new kind of Heartless that possesses people, not inanimate objects like the Possessor). Kermit is your ally here, and the captured Muppets include
Fozzie
Dr. Bunsen
Beaker
Statler and Waldorf
Sweetums
Dr. Teeth
Zoot
Janice
Floyd
Lips
Scooter
Robin
Mahna Mahna
Uncle Deadly
Rizzo
Rowlf
Pepe
Beauregard

The possessed ones you have to fight as a mini-boss are
Miss Piggy
Gonzo and Camilla
Animal
Lew Zealand
Crazy Harry
The Swedish Chef
Marvin Suggs
Sam the Eagle (what he will do in battle I have no clue)
Link and Strangepork

And after that, you have to fight the Muppet Heartless Lord (or something) and after beating it, you get the Muppet summon, where you randomly send out any Muppet and it does whatever it needs to (Gonzo fires out of a cannon at the foe, Piggy karate chops, Fozzie tells jokes to stun the enemies, Lew throws his fish, etc.)

And if there's a second visit, when Sora and friends visits the Theater, they find that Ansem (Or Org. XII or some other bad guy) is lurking around there.

Sounds nice?:smile:

Great idea :excited:
As for what Sam could do: he could bombard you with exploding American flags and other things associated with America. He could sometimes fly arround to escape damage and the only way to hit him would be by magic or limit.

awesome idea! And maybe his "desperation move" could be throwing huge homing U.S Constitution blades

I can so see him doing that XD
And I just had an idea about the fight against Crazy Harry. He could ocassionally summon Crimson Jazz, similar to how Demyx somtimes summoned his water clones, only without the time limit. They kind of fit to him. And Fozzie's weapon could consist of joke articles, maybe even Organization XIII's joke weapons from 358/2 Days.

Well, was Fozzie a boss Muppet? Or perhaps you're talking about the Muppet summin, when Fozzie comes out. if so, he could come out and use a weapon to help fight. Maybe a big joke book, so everytime he hits a Heartless or whatever, they'll be stunned by his horrible jokes. And the Crazy Harry Crimson Jazz thing is awesome.

Yeah, I made a mistake in my last post. When I wrote about Fozzie I thought for some reason of a boss Muppet:embarrassed:
Maybe I can come up with ideas for the others tomorrow. Now I'm just too tired:sleep:

If they made a Kingdom Hearts level for the Muppets (instant buy, fer sure, rully), it'd be good to replace 100 Acre Wood (I like Pooh, really I do, but we DO want to avoid the awful rehash that was Atlantica, right?). On the other hand, tying into Scooter's TED speech, have the Heartless be the Tron-esque Heartless who are trying to digitize the Theater so the boss of the level can study why the Muppets survive obscurity. Not only do you get a nice "CGI vs Puppets" jab, but there are some decent story ideas by including Heartless, including having a variation on the theme of the movie.
edit: I also just realized that it's funny to have a "CGI vs Puppets" argument in a CG level about puppets, LOL.

As for bosses, I would suggest Uncle Deadly, Digit (c'mon, he's MADE for that plot), or Sam the Eagle.

Statler and Waldorf would be natural bosses too, actually

Hm. Well, Yuna, when you bought up the topic of summonable Heartless enemies, I thought about these bosses that could summon heartless:
Miss Piggy- Aerial Knockers and Aerial Champs
Gonzo and Camilla- Cannon Gun, Silent Launcher, Ice Cannon, Switch launcher, and Jumbo cannons
Animal- CymbalMonkeys, Tricky Monkeys, Crescendos, Flare Notes, and Bubble Beats
Lew Zealand- Sea Neon, Screwdiver, Missile Diver, Aquatank, and Jet Balloon
Crazy Harry- Crimson Jazz, like you said, and Minute Bomb, Skater Bomb, Storm Bomb, and Detonator
The Swedish Chef- Aquatank, Black Fungus, Bulky Vendor, and maybe world exclusive Heartless like: Muppet Tomato Heartless, Muppet Cake Heartless, etc.
Marvin Suggs- red Nocturne, Blue Rhapsody, yellow Opera, Green Requiem, Black Ballade, Silver Rock, Emerald Blues, Crimson Jazz, Spring Metal, Scarlet Tango, Grey Caprese, Striped Aria, Sapphire Elegy, Pink Concerto, Turqouise March, Emerald Serenade, and world exclusive Heartless include: Muppaphone Heartless, Possessed Mallets
Sam the Eagle - Book Master, Runemaster, Barrier Master, and world exclusives include: Patriotic Heartless, Eagle Heartless
Link and Strangepork- They fly on the Swine Trek, you have to jump on board after shooting it down with spells, then you fight them and World Exclusives: Koozebanian Heartless​

I just got an awesome idea. You know how Sora and his friends change form to fit the world sometimes? The prospect of a Muppet Sora sounds interesting.

RedPiggy, your idea sure is awesome and funny. I think that would be my favorite part:big_grin:

You know, meepmuppaphones, I can certainly see these Muppets summoning these Heartless, although I would add Hot Rod for Animal.
And I add enough time today to think of how the boss Muppets would attack Sora, Kermit and friends:

Miss Piggy
She uses martial arts with her karate-chop being her strongest attack.

Gonzo and Camilla
Gonzo uses cannons and sometimes even shoots himself in Sora's or his friends' direction. Camilla lays eggs that have various effects, including healing but everyone can benefit from that.

Animal
He attacks by drumming, although after taking a certain amount of damage, he starts to run around wildly. You know like Hot Rod or Past Pete.

Lew Zealand
He throws his fish around. The damage Sora and friends receive depends on the size of the fish, with the biggest being almost as bad Heartless Angel. Another attacks involves water torrents appearing randomly.

Crazy Harry
Of course, he's going to use everything that explodes. Some of these can be deflected, and perhaps have to, but there will be some where you have to avoid them.

The Swedish Chef
He uses food, of course, which will come to life and try to eat Sora and friends. Depending on what kind of food he throws, they will have different element, for example spicy food has fire, ice cream has ice, etc. If you come too close to him, he will attack with kitchen utensils.

And as for the captured Muppets:

Bunsen and Beaker
They will introduce a new invention, what it is will be completely random. Also the invention have different effect, including defeating every enemy present, healing the party or not working at all.

The Electric Mayhem
They also attack using their instruments, similar to how Symphony Master attacked with his instruments in Birth By Sleep. Maybe Animal can become part of this I just call it summon.

Rizzo
He attempts to eat the enemies XD

Statler and Waldorf
They heckle the enemies, which distracts them

By captured Muppets, you mean the summons?

I just got a great idea. As you rescue or defeat Muppets, you gradually add them to the Summonable Muppets!

P.S. I made a thread about KH ideas in the General Discussion section. Check it out!​

Yuna Leonhart

Reaction score
How about we start with listing our ideas from Is it time for a good Muppets game forum thread? Allow me to do it:

• Nasubionna was the first to mention this
  • I replied it could replace Hundred Acre Woods as a minigame world or it could be a real world where you have to fight Heartless
  • meepmuppaphones had the great idea that Kermit is the world's ally for Sora
  • there are new Heartless that possess people and Sora and friends liberate them from possession, in some cases fighting them
  • then comes the boss of the world; after he's defeated, Sora receives the Muppet Summon which randomly sends out a Muppet
  • second visit: some bad guy is there
  • meepmuppaphones and I listed several ideas what kind of attacks the Muppets could have, including them summoning Heartless
  • RedPiggy had the idea that Heartless would try to digitize the theater for the world's big boss to study why they can survive abstrusity, which would include a "CGI vs. Puppet" jab
  • Sam The Eagle, Uncle Deadly, Digit as well as Statler and Waldorf are suggested as bosses
  • meepmuppaphones added the idea of Sora turning into a Muppet
And I just noticed we haven't thought of any attacks and abilities for Kermit. My suggestion would be that he uses jump attacks, you know like the Dragoons in Final Fatasy games or like Sora when he uses the Ability "Learn" received from the Dragoon Nobodies and Xaldin. Maybe Kermit could have Healing Abilities as well, I can kind of see him having these. But then again, he's green and I usually associated that color with Cure and other healing spells in Final Fantasy.

Edit: someone was faster than me with listing our ideas XD

meepmuppaphones

Reaction score
Great idea! More suggestions for Kermit's attacks would be:
-Playing his banjo, creating small waves of energy, damaging enemies
-Like you said, jumping attacks
-There should be a jumping uppercut type move

Yuna Leonhart

Reaction score
How about he sings well-known Muppet songs when playig his banjo? And maybe sometimes, he and every other Muppet featured could sing together. Both could either be just a nice little easter egg or it could make the attack more effective (or both).

meepmuppaphones

Reaction score
Another idea I got is for the two remaining bosses, link with Strangepork, and Marvin Suggs. In addition to the "shooting down the Swinetrek to fight them then it takes off again", Link and Strangepork could blast Sora with rayguns. With Marvin, a spell cast by a Heartless makes him and his Muppaphone Wall and Muppaphones grow huge. Sora, now playing the role as a Muppaphone, has to avoid not only the Heartless and evil Muppaphones, but Marvin smashing down on the Musical Wall (which is the battleground) with huge mallets. He could sometimes flail them around in a frenzy, and the mallets could change color, while changing the element (red=fire, etc).

Yuna Leonhart

Reaction score
I have an idea for the Heartless possessing the Muppets. How about various small possessor Heartless come out of the possessed Muppets' chest upon defeat, one for each? Then after the last has been liberated, the small possessor Heartless will join together to become a giant possessor Heartless, who happens to be the world's boss.

And how about Walter is the one encouraging Kermit to fight alongside Sora, Donald and Goofy? He could also give them important clues and give them items that could help them, like armor, new weapons, healing items.

meepmuppaphones

Reaction score
That is an AWESOME idea. But they shouldn't be those regular Possesors, but like a new kind of Emblem Heartless Possesor, which is why they could possess living things. They join together to form the Muppet Possessor Lord or something.:news:

meepmuppaphones

Reaction score
Oh yeah, and the other Heartless (let's just make one up and call it Imprisoner Heartless) that imprisoned the other Muppets join together to make a Mega Imprisoner or something, so it could be two bosses in one battle! :eek: