New here

my man Gonzo

Reaction score
Hey I'm a new member and this site has resurrected my love for the Muppets. I enjoy a fresh mix of old and new. I love classic characters like Gonzo, Camilla, and Bunsen @ Beaker, but I also enjoy newer guys like Leon, Pepe, Sal Minella, and Dr. Phil. I heard much discussion of a new Muppet Christmas special and I remember the old one from the 80's. Here are some of my favorite memories.

1. All of the characters from Jim Henson's three shows interacting together. To a kid my age that was the greatest thing ever.

2. Cookie Monster meeting Animal. I think he found a Muppet even weirder than him.

3. Gonzo and Animal sleeping on clothes hangers. That's classic Gonzo.

4. Doc and Sprocket from Fraggle Rock interacting with the others. I miss the fellow who played Doc.

5. The infamous icy patch, nearly everybody tripped on that (especially Rowlf who had a handful of presents).

So that's about it, and I look forward to the new Muppet show and being a member of this board.

"I just fell down a chimney unto a flaming hot goose"

"You have all the fun"- Rizzo the rat and the Great Gonzo from a Muppet Christmas Carol.

Blind Pew

Reaction score
Xmas special

Was that the one where they were all snowed in? Didn't John Denver show up at some point or am I getting two specials confused? (It seemed like every time you turned around, there was John Denver with the muppets)

MuppetQuilter

Reaction score
That was A Muppet Family Christmas. No John Denver in that one. But Jim makes a cameo at the end. It's probably my favorite Muppet special.

BorkBork

Reaction score
Welcome to the forum!

Man, i don't recall animal and cookie meeting. I'd love to see that!!!

Can anyone tell me what happened please???:big_grin: :big_grin: :big_grin: :big_grin:

MuppetQuilter

Reaction score
I believe Animal watches Cookie Monster down a plate of Christmas cookies and says "That my kind a fella" or something like that.

It is in Muppet Family Christmas