New here... have a question!

sarahjane

Reaction score
Hello! I have a challenge for all your muppet-masters. :wink: I'm hoping someone can help me discover the identity of this muppet in particular. I have a friend who's curious. Here's the description she sent me:

I remember watching an episode when I was little where there was this little bald muppet (you could only see his head) and he was standing beside the host while she was talking. She kept petting him on his bald head and when she stopped, he started EATING HER ARM! Just really slow, by the time she noticed it, he was up to her elbow. I LOVED that little guy, but I can't find anything about him online anywhere!!

Any clues would be much appreciated! Thanks :big_grin:

Fozzie Bear

Reaction score
This sounds like a scene from Sam and Friends where pre-Kermit was wearing a woman's wig and was singing a song and Yorik began to eat her.

BlueFrackle

Reaction score
Kev,

Yeah Kermit was singing "Ive Grown Accustomed to Yorick" !

That can be seen in The World of Jim Henson.

See ya

sarahjane

Reaction score
Wow! Thanks for all the help! :smile: This guy was the allusive muppet she'd remembered!

Forgive my newbieness, but what is The World of Jim Henson? A video? A website? Sorry, I'm new at this, and my muppet memories, though fond, are awfully fuzzy!

Ryan

Reaction score
If this was in color, it was most likley from a 1967 episode of "The Ed Sullivan Show" Did Kermit have red sweater and a bonde wig?

Yes World of Jim Hensin is a video that was put out in 1995 (?) by PBS.

BlueFrackle

Reaction score
Sarah Jane,

No problem.

Could you give us some more info on were your friend saw it please ?

Thanks

Gorgon Heap

Reaction score
I'm curious... who was the host? And what show was it?

David "Gorgon Heap" Ebersole

sarahjane

Reaction score
Wow! You guys are the best!

This is all the info I have now, as my friend is an internet friend in a different time zone. Here's what she posted (not helpful, but at least you can see how thankful she is!). I'll ask her for more specifics & post those as soon as I get them!

Sarah, thank you thank you thank you soooooooo much for finding my favorite muppet for me! It's been so long since I've seen him that my memory was a little fuzzy, but that's definitely him! YAAAAAAAAAY!!!

Could I ask you one more teensy favor?? I noticed that someone replied to your post that you could find Yorick somewhere ... 'The World of Jim Henson' or something. Could you maybe ask them where I could find that - I would LOVE to see him again!

Thanks SO much, you made my whole Monday!!
Kristin

Many thanks again, everyone!