New Henson Region 2 DVD's coming this November

MuppetDanny

Reaction score
According to R2 project coming this November from Columbia DVD...............

Muppet Family Christmas & A Christmas Toy DVDs :excited: WILL BE RELEASED :excited: Along with The Labyrinth & Dark Crystal DVD Box Set and Bear In the Big Blue House - "Woodland Heroes" DVD.

At last some Henson classic comes to UK DVD. Lets hope this is a sign and see if they will put "TMM" & "TGMC" on to DVD

Let me know what you think

muppet_dk

Reaction score
I've been thinking about buying labyrinth on DVD but now I will wait with that.

My copy of Christmas toys are not that good so I will defently get that. I don't really care about Muppet Family Christmas because the VHS that I got are the uncut version, but i think it would be great if this would turn out to be a uncut version.

So this are very good news in my ears. And we can only hope at these titles are going to make some good sales so that they would realese more titles as region 2.

MuppetDanny

Reaction score
Oh yeah I forgot about will be uncut DVD's :embarrassed:

It's very likely to be a copy from the NTSC DVD masters

Patty

Reaction score
Labyrinth/Dark Crystal box set
Uh ... OK. So is that rumored box set kinda like the previously-released Dark Crystal/Labyrinth two-pack DVD set ... only with a really big fancy box around the DVDs? Maybe it collects the superbits? I'm confused.

EDIT

Never mind ... I guess this is all about Region 2 DVDs. I didn't click on the link before I posted.

Muppetsdownunder

Reaction score
Great news of muppet fans in the UK and round the world. I only wish we got some more muppet things on DVD here in Australia we only have 2 proper movies on DVD and one kermit swamp years DVD, 3 isnt enough.

This could however be good news as region 2 DVDs are closely linked to the Australian region 4 format, they use the same PAL video system aswell as some DVDs are both region 2 and 4 so it would be nice to see something happen in the Australian muppet DVD department too! :smile:

Animal

Reaction score
GREAT news!!! :halo:

But will Muppet Family Christmas & The Christmas Toy be on 1 dvd?
I hope not...I would rather have them seperate!

Too bad that they´re not uncut though... :boo:

-Hans :halo:

MuppetDanny

Reaction score
Hans

I didn't say their will be cut, I said it likely to be cut. These days UK DVD's are copied from US DVD's (I guess) .

However the UK video verison is to be uncut to the current US video print so there is still a chance to be uncut DVD verison :smile:. I can't say for the "Christmas Toy" :confused:

See ya :stick_out_tongue:

Phillip

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
The Christmas Toy has never been released on DVD in the United States, only VHS. Actually, my hunch would be that the UK Muppet Family Chirstmas DVD would be the same as the UK video release. This is not based on any fact, it just seems likely it will follow that pattern instead of being the edited version that we have.

anathema

Reaction score
AFAIK the rights issues that plague MFC in the US aren't a problem in the UK. However, all VHS releases from the first one in 1989 onwards have been cut by a few seconds.

Whatever they do, keep your fingers crossed that the UK release isn't taken from the same master that was used for the French release last year. Not only is it cut in the same way as the US release, but the NTSC->PAL conversion is atrocious and entirely unwatchable :-(

MuppetDanny

Reaction score
anathema said:
AFAIK the rights issues that plague MFC in the US aren't a problem in the UK. However, all VHS releases from the first one in 1989 onwards have been cut by a few seconds.

Whatever they do, keep your fingers crossed that the UK release isn't taken from the same master that was used for the French release last year. Not only is it cut in the same way as the US release, but the NTSC->PAL conversion is atrocious and entirely unwatchable :-(
I doubt they use the French print as it dosen't have an english track (right ?) and have to find an english track to replace it. Unless they use it as an 2nd auido track and get US print and use that track as well :frown: