New Henson "R2" DVD's coming this Feb. & July '05

MuppetDanny

Reaction score
Here's a full list of new Henson DVD's from HIT ENTERTAINMENT for the UK Fans :smile:

• Jim Henson's Mother Goose: Hickory Dickory Dock & Other Stories
  • Jim Henson's Dog City - Dog City The Movie
  • Jim Henson's Mopatop's Shop - Grand Opening & Other Stories

Due for release on 07/02/2005

• Jim Henson's Animal Show With Stinky & Jake - Animal Antics
  • Jim Henson's Ghost Of Faffner Hall - Sounds Like Fun
  • Jim Henson's Fraggle Rock - Dance Your Cares Away

Due for release on06/06/2005

No Special Features yet to be confirmed

Soruces : http://www.play.com/

Will keep you posted :excited:

Beauregard

Reaction score
Yeah! Mopotop's shop! Yeah! Dog City!

About time we got some more R2 dvds. Will we be getting the John Denver one anytime, does anyone know?

Animal

Reaction score
Sounds GREAT!!!

But refresh my memory...is the Dog City Movie, the special aired as part of The Jim Henson Hour???
I can´t find any info about this...

Hans :halo: :halo: :halo:

MuppetDanny

Reaction score
Animal said:
Sounds GREAT!!!
But refresh my memory...is the Dog City Movie, the special aired as part of The Jim Henson Hour???
Hans,

Great to hear from you :big_grin: Did you get my e-mail ?:embarrassed:

My guess is that the cartoon version will be used and some of the episodes may be edited together into a movie, the reason for my guess is that Kermit, Gonzo? & Rowlf are in the Henson Hour version and with it being owned by Disney, HIT has got a legal problem to solve :confused:

I will be soooooo surpised if it's going to be the JHH verison ;0)

GelflingWaldo

Reaction score
MuppetDanny said:
the reason for my guess is that Kermit, Gonzo? & Rowlf are in the Henson Hour version and with it being owned by Disney, HIT has got a legal problem to solve
Disney does not own all the segments from the Jim Henson Hour. Many were retained by Henson and some now shared with HIT! The show really got hacked up in the deal. Just becuase Kermit and the gang do show up in the special does not mean Disney has control over it. Sesame Workshop does not have control in "The Muppet Movie" although Big Bird is in it; Disney does not have control over the Robert Denero episode of Saturday Night Live although Kermit and the gang are in it. HIT has Emmet Otter's Jug Band Christmas, and The Christmas Toy and they have Kermit in them. The TV show of Dog City is owned by Henson (and HIT has rights to it), the mini-movie from The JHH is most likely still part of the Henson catalog (but the "Muppets at the movies" pre stuff may need editing) Disney bought the characters of the Muppets but they do not have control over every single thing they were in. Each and every production was sorted and split between the Henson and Disney (in the case of The JHH sections and parts were split and sorted); saying that Kermit (or any other Muppet) was in it does not garentee it is owned by Disney. (Heck they don't even own The Great Muppet Caper, Muppets From Space, Kermit Swamp Years, or Very Merry Muppet Christmas Movie - they only have partial stakes as it protains to keeping the integrity of the characters and the franchise; but as of now they don't totally have those movies/specials which are mainly Muppets). Just don't assume or presume when it come to ownership of specials and what can/can't be done with them because of the ownerships and deals.

T

timrikthegorf

They don't own GMC? I thought they did. According to Henson.com Disney owns all of the muppet productions and then they have a list of productions. MFS and GMC are on the list.

GelflingWaldo

Reaction score
Disney already owned Christmas Carol and Treasure Island; when the Henson deal took place they bought The Muppet Movie and Muppets Take Manhattan; they only have partial stakes in the other 2. They most likly will buy the productions flat out some time in the future, but they were not part of the original deal. But they do have stakes and partial control in them. For these two it is like they have distribution rights to them but not total control. It is odd and a bit weird but it's how the deal was worked out. The list on Henson.com is not a compleate list of what was in the deal. There are many productions missing, and some are misrepresented as "owned", it is just of list of Muppet productions, not a list of what was sold.

T

timrikthegorf

Disney didn't won MTI and MCC, at least not all of the movie. I know Henson had the licensing rights because Palisades didn't work with Disney on the MTI and MCC figures.

This whole thing is so confusing. You've now got Kermit split between 3 companies, puppets with all 3 compnaies that may or may not be called Muppets. Sometimes I wish I couldgo back intime and stop Jim Henson from dieing somehow just to avoid this huge mess.

GelflingWaldo

Reaction score
timrikthegorf said:
Disney didn't own MTI and MCC, at least not all of the movie. I know Henson had the licensing rights because Palisades didn't work with Disney on the MTI and MCC figures.
Yea Henson had stakes in the productions and the characters in them, but Disney owned the actual production (that's why the DVDs were under the Disney name), it is a very complicated to understand all the legal ins and outs of the ownership. While Kermit and the gang are owned by Disney not every single production they ever appeared in is controled or owned by Disney

Beauregard

Reaction score
Wow! V. v. complicated deal, me thinks.

So, how come they don't own GMC, or MFS, or KSY?

Who owns those?