1. Welcome to the Muppet Central Forum!
    You are viewing our forum as a guest. Join our free community to post topics and start private conversations. Please contact us if you need help with registration or your account login.

2. Sesame Street Season 45
    Sesame Street's 45th season officially begins Monday September 15. After you see the new episodes, post here and let us know your thoughts.

3. "Muppets Most Wanted" Fan Reactions
    After you see "Muppets Most Wanted", read fan reactions and let us know your thoughts on the Muppets eighth theatrical film.

New Henson Late Night Show Coming To TBS

Discussion in 'Henson Alternative' started by beaker, Mar 4, 2008.

1. beaker

beaker Well-Known Member

http://www.muppetnewsflash.com/2008/03/henson-to-bring-late-night-sketch-show.html

This doesnt appear to be Puppet Up or Late Night Buffet/Del,
    but a whole new adult late night puppet Henson offering under the HA! brand

2. Stulz

Stulz Member

late night sketch show

:eek:

I think this is a great format to launch new characters and ideas as well as a platform to showcase some of the new characters and concepts that the Henson company has come up with recently.

I would rather see "SUDS", and Augie and Del from Late Night Buffet, used in recurring skits on a show like this such instead of as web filler.

And if Tinseltown doesn't get picked up into a full series maybe
    those characters could be used in short segments as well, and since this is under the HA! brand this could turn into a new adult version of The Muppet Show!

I hope this works out, and TBS actually airs this as a full series, unlike other Henson series that have been announced and then not really panned out.
  3. TheJimHensonHour

TheJimHensonHour New Member

Thos all sound like great Ideas, I'd love to see that, like a sketch show done with puppets sort of like snl or mad tv but funny! ha!
    It would remind me sort of like the Jim Henson Hour and that'd be great!
  4. a_Mickey_Muppet

a_Mickey_Muppet Well-Known Member

I also knew that it wouldnt happen! just had that feeling. :smirk: ... BUT i WISH it would have made it to tv! I DEFF would have watched it.... or taped it! :hungry:
  5. muppet baby

muppet baby Active Member

i really hope they go though with Grown up puppet entertaiment, that would be so great , i love the muppets very much and in some way they kind of did that with some of the muppet stuff sticking in a few choice words here or there, and also some attuide stuff piggy for example .

i hope they go though with this at some point i mean it is already summer of 08.
  6. Count von Count

Count von Count Active Member

It whould be cool.
  7. fleecenotfelt

fleecenotfelt Member

OH COOLIO! i think i heard that bill barretta is attached to this project, no?

that bill barretta, he is just so hunky!
  8. Count von Count

Count von Count Active Member

What Happed to this Show? It never got aired.
  9. travellingpat

travellingpat Active Member

I was realllly looking forward to this!
  10. frogboy4

frogboy4 Inactive Member

The Henson Company pitches countless projects that get lost along the way in development. I suppose this is one of them. :sympathy: