New Hanna Barbera DVD coming soon

EleganceLiberty

Reaction score
I'll pass. Never liked the H-B cartoons. But I will admit on occasion they were genuinley funny. (Art and humor is subjective, folks)

But hey, it's better than Penelope Pitstop. XP

Ernie101

Reaction score
Oh man, this is great. Never was big on Yogi, but huckleberry hound is sure to be awesome. Isn't Johnny Quest a Hanna Barbera cartoon? I have been waiting for that to come out for a long time, or to even see the show on a channel again.

AAO

Reaction score
WEll,I seen a Johnny Quest DVD season 1 out not too long ago...It could have been best of...though...but then again I could be wrong. My favorite Hanna Barbera cartoons were always THe Flintstones and The Jetsons...and man when they met ... my childhood was boosted! LOL!

Ernie101

Reaction score
The Flintstones and the Jetsons are two of the best cartoons ever. However, I rank the flintstones just above the Jetsons.

Was Once Ernie

Reaction score
Hey Gang...

You must have missed the other thread. I worked on all these sets. The Huckleberry and Yogi sets have the coolest bonus material you will ever see!

The Jonny Quest set came out like two years ago and was the complete "First Season", which is all of the original run of the 1964 series.

:stick_out_tongue:

Ziffel

Reaction score
Ernie101 said:
The Flintstones and the Jetsons are two of the best cartoons ever. However, I rank the flintstones just above the Jetsons.
I agree with Ernie's sentiment here. Loved them both, and liked other Hanna Barbera cartoons like Yogi and Huckleberry. But The Flintstones is clearly the best of them all and one of the best shows ever on television. Six years of many memorable, hilarious episodes. The writing was great, the pre-historic things like a bird being a record player were enormously creative, and the voices for the characters were outstanding (sometimes Fred and Barney seemed so real it's easy to forget they're just cartoons!). And the opening and closing theme songs were great too. Just a great show that I had to watch every time it came on when I was a kid, and it will always have a very special place in my heart.
YeeeeeYABBA DABBA DOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Some great episodes:

(1) Barney is invisible
(2) Barney's dentist gives him a gas to put him asleep that causes him to float up to the sky
(3) Peek-a-boo camera
(4) Ten Flintstones from another planet (Yubba Dubba Doo!)
(5) Fred and Barney get a bowling ball glued together to their hands (Fred sings a lullaby to Barney at night in one scene and a cat on the outside fence says, "Oh brother, and they throw shoes at me.")
(6) Wilma goes into labor with Pebbles (Fred freaks out. He calls the doctor: "This is Fred Hospital, I'm taking my wife to the Flintstone!")
(7) After Pebbles is born, Fred tries to take care of Wilma and Pebbles and all the housework with no nurse or relatives to help. Very funny show.
(8) Fred dresses up like a woman so he can get in a baseball game for free with Barney on "Ladies Day".
(9) The bathtub quartet ("Soft soap is the soap to use. Soft soap. Soft soap. Good for babies and brontosaurus too. It prevents embarrassment. Soft soap in your bathtub. Use a great big hunk. Better buy some soft soap quick. Before they call you skunk.")
(10) Fred as Superstone (parody of Superman) "Beh heh he hee haw!"

Loved "The Flintstones"!

Let's close with this song:

If you think you're sweetie's left for Tahiti. We can give you a clue. There's no need for cryin', roar like a lion - Yabba Dabba Dabba Dabba Doo.
B A D D A means bad. D A B B A means good. Oh what magic in the words we find by switching the letters around.
Soooo if some day the bases are loaded, and they're countin' on you.
You just can't strike out, youv'e got to shout - Yabba Dabba Dabba! Yabba Dabba Dabba! Yabba Dabba Dabba Dabba Doo!