New guy w/ few questions

turlem

Reaction score
hi everyone. i'm new, and i have a few questions, please help me.

Why'd oz leave the muppets?

how come i haven't seen swedish chef, rowlf, janice, and a few others tyalk in awhile?(i know henson did chef & rowlf, but couldn't they find a replacement?)

where's Link Hogthrob??

How come sam was wearing a wig in the muppet nbc movie?

i know Oz did fozzie in muppets from space, but why did he sound diferent?

does anyone know when that new show's gonna premiere?

why don't christmas carol, treasure island or family x-ma have full versions/ widescreen versions?

Manda:-D

Reaction score
You gots a lossa wuestions, Turlem!

WELL........
For Sam & the wig in VMMC, there was actually a hair-growth joke in there at one point, it was just a lil' hard to hear.
Frank wanted to move on to other projects, such as directing. Fozzie & Piggy have now been taken over by Eric Jacobson.
Janice was performed by Richard Hunt, (as was Scooter), but he died of AIDS some years ago, which is why you haven't heard from them in a while. But, good news! Janice, Scooter, & all those other characters have now been taken over by someone else! Bill Baretta, ( :flirt: ), preformer of new faves such as Pepe and Bobo, is now the voice of Rowlf, and as for the others.....Well, I don't remember the performers' names at the moment. :embarrassed:
Where's Link? Good question. I wish I knew. I miss Link.
When's the new show premiering? ANOTHER good question. I think we ALL wish we knew. Perhaps, though, now that a sale's actually been finalized, we'll get more of a move on that.
Why aren't the MTI & MCC DVDs in widescreen? For that, I HAVE an answer. B/c Disney is full of idiots. (Not really. That;s just my bad temper talking.)
.....Well, I've answered your questions as best I can, but I know there are people here who are MUCH bigger authorities on All Things Muppet than I am, so hopefully they'll give you better answers!

muppet_dk

Reaction score
Originally posted by turlem
how come i haven't seen swedish chef, rowlf, janice, and a few others tyalk in awhile?(i know henson did chef & rowlf, but couldn't they find a replacement?)
Rowlf are performed by Bill Baretta, Janice are now performed by Brian Henson, who also do Scooter now.
The swedish chef has been performed by diffrent persons David Rudman, Dave Golez & Bill Barretta.

Frank did not really perform any characters in MFS but he did do voice overs for his characters.

radionate

Reaction score
People's voices change over the years. Especially those who do character voices. As you age, your voice continues to change as well. So that is why in MFS and MTI Fozzie sounds a little different. (That was a pretty simple explaination! LOL!)

turlem

Reaction score
thanks everyone, i hope they premeire the show soon. but i jeard it might be a sitcom, which i don't know how it could work. i really like to see the original show revived w/ the new characters added and newer hosts(the theme song must not change though!) oh well, i can always dream

thanks

Super Scooter

Reaction score
Re: Re: New guy w/ few questions

Originally posted by radionate
People's voices change over the years. Especially those who do character voices. As you age, your voice continues to change as well. So that is why in MFS and MTI Fozzie sounds a little different. (That was a pretty simple explaination! LOL!)
This is true for everyone. Ever hear the '70s and '80s versions of Bugs Bunny?

Also, this change cna happen over only a few years. 5 years ago, my character Don sounded like a cross between Mickey Mouse and The Great Gonzo. Now he sounds much more high-pitched, though strangely like neither Gonzo or Mickey.

I'm sure if you talk to anyone else out there, their puppets voices have changed, sometimes drastically, as well.

sarah_yzma

Reaction score
well you went through *giggle giggle* puberty.....

Sarah

*giggle*

Super Scooter

Reaction score
I oughta smack you across the face!

:smile: :flirt: :smile: :flirt: :smile:

You don't think Frank Oz went through puberty during the mid-to-late ninties???

Super Scooter

Reaction score
Very late, indeed.

:embarrassed:

*F. Oz calls parents*

"Er, Mom? Dad? I think something's happening."