New Google Doodle Tribute to Jim?

D'Snowth

Reaction score
I see that Google has just now (this very moment) released a new doodle on their homepage: the doodle must have been rushed, as it's not working properly (that I can tell), and there's no roll-over caption, but the doodle features Muppety-looking creatures against an abstract-drawn background that looks similar to Jim's work.

Not to mention tomorrow is Jim's birthday... could the new Google Doodle be a tribute to him?

D'Snowth

Reaction score
I see that Google has just now (this very moment) released a new doodle on their homepage: the doodle must have been rushed, as it's not working properly (that I can tell), and there's no roll-over caption, but the doodle features Muppety-looking creatures against an abstract-drawn background that looks similar to Jim's work.

Not to mention tomorrow is Jim's birthday... could the new Google Doodle be a tribute to him?
Too late to edit, but the doodle is in working order now, and yes, it is for Jim's birthday, and it's such an awesome interactive doodle as well, check it out!

outerelf

Reaction score
I played with it! If you hold your mouse above the guy with glasses, he does something cool. :smile:

Skeeter Muppet

Reaction score
Hmm. If it was working it isn't now, at least not for me. I tried clicking on the doodle and holding my mouse cursor over it, and nothing's happening.

-Kim

Bannanasketch

Reaction score
Here's a behind the scenes story and video on it. It is indeed a Jim Henson tribute. :smile:

Luke

Reaction score
isnt it meant to have sound?

The Shoe Fairy

Reaction score
Oscarfan - me too! It's not meant to have sound, you talk and it's just like a puppet.

The Count

Staff member
Reaction score
Ha, my brother just found this and told me about the red? last monster eating the one before it in the lineup too.
BTW: Are these generic non-specific monster characters? Or are these specific characters? And if they are specific characters, which ones are they? Thanks.

D'Snowth

Reaction score
BTW: Are these generic non-specific monster characters? Or are these specific characters? And if they are specific characters, which ones are they? Thanks.
Most are, with the exception of one humanoid character with glasses.

Does anyone besides me think the red monster at the end looks a little like Blogg?