1. Welcome to the Muppet Central Forum!
    You are viewing our forum as a guest. Join our free community to post topics and start private conversations. Please contact us if you need help with registration or your account login.

2. "Muppets Most Wanted" Fan Reactions
    After you see "Muppets Most Wanted", read fan reactions and let us know your thoughts on the Muppets eighth theatrical film.

3. "Muppets Most Wanted" Original Soundtrack
    With a new Muppet movie one of the most anticipated merchandise releases is the official soundtrack. Listen to the Muppets Most Wanted original soundtrack now playing on Muppet Central Radio.

New Google Doodle Tribute to Jim?

Discussion in 'On the Web' started by D'Snowth, Sep 23, 2011.

1. D'Snowth

D'Snowth Well-Known Member

I see that Google has just now (this very moment) released a new doodle on their homepage: the doodle must have been rushed, as it's not working properly (that I can tell), and there's no roll-over caption, but the doodle features Muppety-looking creatures against an abstract-drawn background that looks similar to Jim's work.

Not to mention tomorrow is Jim's birthday... could the new Google Doodle be a tribute to him?
  2. D'Snowth

Too late to edit, but the doodle is in working order now, and yes, it is for Jim's birthday, and it's such an awesome interactive doodle as well, check it out!
  3. outerelf

outerelf Active Member

I played with it! If you hold your mouse above the guy with glasses, he does something cool. :)
  4. Skeeter Muppet

Skeeter Muppet Active Member

Hmm. If it was working it isn't now, at least not for me. I tried clicking on the doodle and holding my mouse cursor over it, and nothing's happening.

-Kim
  5. Bannanasketch

Bannanasketch Active Member

Here's a behind the scenes story and video on it. It is indeed a Jim Henson tribute. :)

6. Luke

Luke Active Member

isnt it meant to have sound?
  7. Oscarfan

Oscarfan Well-Known Member

Hey, I got the red monster to eat the tall, green one!
    beakerboy12 likes this.
  8. The Shoe Fairy

The Shoe Fairy Active Member

Oscarfan - me too! It's not meant to have sound, you talk and it's just like a puppet.
  9. The Count

The Count Moderator Staff Member

Ha, my brother just found this and told me about the red? last monster eating the one before it in the lineup too.
    BTW: Are these generic non-specific monster characters? Or are these specific characters? And if they are specific characters, which ones are they? Thanks.
  10. D'Snowth

Most are, with the exception of one humanoid character with glasses.

Does anyone besides me think the red monster at the end looks a little like Blogg?
  11. JJandJanice

JJandJanice Active Member

Yeah, I loved that.

And if you click on each one and move your mouse, they follow it. Pretty neat.
  12. The Count

BTW: What's this about the Google Doodle having a music video with the song "500 Miles" by The Pretenders?
  13. Oscarfan

Oscarfan Well-Known Member

I think that's just a fan-made thing, with the person just clicking the mouths up and down in time with the singing.
  14. Bannanasketch

Bannanasketch Active Member

15. The Count

So what would you guys call or describe the monsters that were part of this animation?
  16. Gerbert

Gerbert Member

The Blue One, Scruffz.

The Pink What-not, Bob.

The Yellow Muppet, Cant think of one.

The Elephant looking Muppet, Snuffles..

and The Green Muppet.. Err.. Honkerz..
    and The Red one at the end.. Eric ._.

I am terrible at naming ._.