New Forum Menu On-line

Status
Not open for further replies.

Phillip

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
I just updated our forum templates in order to accommodate the new Flash menu Jamie designed.

Let us know what you think and if you notice any issues with the new menu and the forum working together. We'll be tweaking it some the next few minutes.

MuppetDanny

Reaction score
I wondered why it was up :smile: ......... But still it's great help to get back on your site:big_grin:

MuppetDanny

EmmyMik

Reaction score
When I first saw it I was confused. But now I'm not.

Very nice!

:big_grin:

Luke

Reaction score
Is it supposed to be fading in and out like that ? I didn't notice the others doing that. It's very nice !

frogboy4

Inactive Member
Reaction score
This one fades. A little variety. You may now link to all areas of the site. I like how this integrates the site and forum. Something that could not be done as well on Delphi. :smile:

Luke

Reaction score
I think the fade is a little too slow. Bringing in a fade isn't a bad idea, but making it slow on a forum page which people flip through like 20 a minute means people are continually seeing black space at first. I like the choice of characters, very colorful and contrasting and the way things like 'Calendar' and 'Faq' has been integrated is very cool. The curtain effect is very cool too but i think it being part of the fade up looks wierd !

frogboy4

Inactive Member
Reaction score
Geez, the fade is a fraction of a second!:eek: I think on some systems that portion of the page is taking longer to load for some reason. It's the only explanation We will look into it. This is likely a temporary menu for the next few months. :smile:

Luke

Reaction score
Actually Jamiekins, it may well be because i'm on a slow connection because it all seems faster once it's in the cache. Even though the header loads fast, it seemed to make the fade more than a few seconds and also meant the white part of the curtain effect appeared a lot later than the rest of the forum. Nothing major - it's a lovely header - y'know how picky Muppet fans are. Don't worry, i'll get over it one day ! :eek:

frogboy4

Inactive Member
Reaction score
Fixing that. Didn't see the white version up yet. Thanx for telling me. :wink:

frogboy4

Inactive Member
Reaction score
The fade is sliced in half. You almost don't even notice anymore, but it is important that the users feel comfortable and apparently this was an issue. I'm just glad it's finally up. LOL!

Status
Not open for further replies.