NEW Executive Vice President/General Manager for MHC: RUSSELL HAMPTON

Fozzie Bear

Reaction score
muppetperson said:
So it is true-Chris Curtin is gone.Yet nobody else has run any stories except Jim Hill Media.Very Strange!!!
I verified via MHC that Curtain was gone back when the news broke.

Dunno about this new guy, but I hope he's not going to candy coat the Muppets into infancy.

But, this is good news for you Muppet Babies fans! :zany: :crazy:

EDIT: This new guy takes a nice picture anyhow. :smile:

pepelover

Reaction score
RUSSELL HAMPTON - Confirmed?

Did you get this information based solely on his title on that Consumer Products page? Russel has been very involved with the Muppets since Disney purchased them, and worked with Chris. I'm not sure if his title changed, or if he's really the new head of the Muppets, but the only difference would be that he doesn't have to speak with Chris Curtin anymore.

OverUnderAround

Reaction score
pepelover said:
Did you get this information based solely on his title on that Consumer Products page? Russel has been very involved with the Muppets since Disney purchased them, and worked with Chris. I'm not sure if his title changed, or if he's really the new head of the Muppets, but the only difference would be that he doesn't have to speak with Chris Curtin anymore.
You know I was wondering about this too. On the link provided it states:
Disney Consumer Products
Russell Hampton
Executive Vice President, Global Home, The Baby Einstein Company, LLC and The Muppets Holding Company, LLC

Was Chris Curtin the Vice President of 'Disney Consumer Products'??
Mr. Hampton is... and that might be a totally different department then the one Chris Curtin was in charge of.

I hope this is clarified soon.

pepelover

Reaction score
OverUnderAround said:
You know I was wondering about this too. On the link provided it states:
Disney Consumer Products
Russell Hampton
Executive Vice President, Global Home, The Baby Einstein Company, LLC and The Muppets Holding Company, LLC

Was Chris Curtin the Vice President of 'Disney Consumer Products'??
Mr. Hampton is... and that might be a totally different department then the one Chris Curtin was in charge of.

I hope this is clarified soon.
Chris was VP/GM of the Muppets Holding Company. Russell came onboard with Baby Einstein and made them into a booming business for Disney. When Disney acquired the Muppets, they thought the Baby Einstein business model most closely fit the Muppets situation, so they kind of combined the two businesses under Russell, and more directly, Chris. I'd imagine they would make an official announcement since it was fairly big news, in the trades, etc.

Fozzie Bear

Reaction score
We've got several inside sources bubbling around MC it seems, eh? :smile:

Hopefully someone will pop in here and give us a low-down on the siturations.

a_Mickey_Muppet

Reaction score
a_Mickey_Muppet said:
hey gang,

I just read some where, heres the address https://licensing.disney.com/Login/displayContent.do?layout=executiveDetail&execId=russell_hampton So anyways Disney has found a NEW Executive Vice President/General Manager for there Muppets Holding Company, LLC. his name is RUSSELL HAMPTON.

Just thought I'd get the word out since I didnt see it posted anyways on MC :big_grin:

so lets welcome Mr. RUSSELL HAMPTON, and hope is a HUGE Muppets fan as much as us! :smile:

Just thought I'd bump this old thred of mine and say that Russell Hampton, by the looks of it from what it says, is no longer Executive Vice President/General Manager for there Muppets Holding Company, LLC.? Can anyone confurm this!?

see... https://licensing.disney.com/Login/displayContent.do?layout=executiveDetail&execId=russell_hampton :confused:

but oddly enuff this man by the name of Andy has a pic takin with Kermit... https://licensing.disney.com/Login/displayContent.do?layout=executiveDetail&execId=andy_mooney