New Elmo Live Doll

Taco Wiz

Reaction score
I hear rumors that Amazon starts pre-orders this month.

Ilikemuppets

Reaction score
Whoa! That is one impressive piece of AI! This blows he Water off of the one they came out with a couple of years ago! What a scary Christmas season this is going to be!:eek:

frogboy4

Inactive Member
Reaction score
I hope this means we'll get other characters like Ernie, Oscar and Cookie doing this bit. I'd actually get one of those. :stick_out_tongue:

Drtooth

Reaction score
What a scary Christmas season this is going to be!:eek:
Considering the economic crisis we're heading for, it's gonna be a great deal scarier for kids and parents than this doll no one's going to be able to afford can be capable of.

That said, Elmo nothing. I want a real working Doraemon... with fourth dimentional pocket and gadgets and everything.

Or, even better, mechanical prostetics and bionics that can be activated by saying... "GO GO Gadget _________"

Ilikemuppets

Reaction score
Considering the economic crisis we're heading for, it's gonna be a great deal scarier for kids and parents than this doll no one's going to be able to afford can be capable of.

That said, Elmo nothing. I want a real working Doraemon... with fourth dimentional pocket and gadgets and everything.

Or, even better, mechanical prostetics and bionics that can be activated by saying... "GO GO Gadget _________"

I think if the Wii and and Grand Theft Auto are selling. Then how much more not this doll. I don't know every person, so I don't know what their capable of or can afford. I''m not quiet sure if Doramon is quite as popular as Elmo is, but would it sell the way he would?

Anyway, I think it's not so much Elmo, but it's the technology that I am most impressed with. I think it could have been any toy and I would have been impressed with it just as much.

frogboy4

Inactive Member
Reaction score
:wisdom: The market tends to be unsteady around transitions of power so this being an election year; this Christmas might be a little lower than usual regardless of the current state of the economy. However current policies have become so widely unpopular that merely the idea of a significant change in leadership could actually help consumer confidence! Unlikely, but I’m choosing to think positively.

:insatiable: I don't think the economy will have much impact on Elmo-related merchandise. He's the Teflon Toy every time. Like it or not Elmo’s one of the first purchases parents buy for their kids. It’s the secondary characters and items that will see economical impact. This very cool looking item that can excite even an Elmo critic like me! :smile:

Ilikemuppets

Reaction score
Thats a fair assessment of things. We could be going down, but we aren't quite there yet, but wee staying optimistic, but things calm down during an election year, but he still could sell, but the affect he has on the economy is kind of up in the air as it may not have much of one depending on a number of factors.

muppet baby

Reaction score
wow i want this elmo as well to cool and i am 27 years old to great

Luke

Reaction score
I saw a video of this Elmo a while back, the animatronics looked fantastic but its clear he's plugged into something for the audio and just miming to a soundtrack. I guess the sound on the real toy won't be quite that pure. I'd love to see it in person, its amazing a toy is now capable of doing all that.